Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Pacesetter headers

Old 06-23-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Pacesetter headers

Im about to buy some, going to take part of my paycheck to drop into them. Ive read they have trouble sealing and all. Just want to make sure Im not about to make a purchase Ill regret.

Are pacesetters good for a cheap header, my factory header is leaking and needs to be replaced.

Also, are they going to pass emission tests? I doesnt really matter Im just wondering, Ive searched and read different info from everywhere.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
Boosted17 is just really niceBoosted17 is just really niceBoosted17 is just really niceBoosted17 is just really nice

Name: Cliff
Boosted17's Tacoma Gallery
I have not seen the headers for our trucks but I have seen there headers for other cars and I would never buy them. Poor fitment and build quality of them.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:01 PM   #3
rjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Riley
rjclemen's Tacoma Gallery
I use to have a set on an old GM 350. They worked great and ran me 150. Great sound, I loved that truck.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:45 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Never seen a good set of Pace setters. The ones I have tried would not seal, leaked like made, and were cheap quality. Save your money.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #5
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Never seen a good set of Pace setters. The ones I have tried would not seal, leaked like made, and were cheap quality. Save your money.
I have a stock header now that came with the truck when I purchased it to replace the leaky one. Do you think it would be worth just getting that installed back in the truck?

When Im going down the highway or really step on the gas you can hear a rattly noise from under the hood, almost like a sped up version of the kid with the baseball card in his bike. Im assuming the flapping is coming from that as well.

When I seamfoamed my truck, half the smoke came from under the hood rather than the exhaust, so it needs to be fixed soon.

Chris do you have any suggestions? Do you think just put my factory part on and leave it at that? Is it going to affect my exhaust note or anything?

Thanks everyone for the help, Ill probably the money for next months rent. lol
Old 06-23-2010, 12:54 PM   #6
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
I have a stock header now that came with the truck when I purchased it to replace the leaky one. Do you think it would be worth just getting that installed back in the truck?

When Im going down the highway or really step on the gas you can hear a rattly noise from under the hood, almost like a sped up version of the kid with the baseball card in his bike. Im assuming the flapping is coming from that as well.

When I seamfoamed my truck, half the smoke came from under the hood rather than the exhaust, so it needs to be fixed soon.

Chris do you have any suggestions? Do you think just put my factory part on and leave it at that? Is it going to affect my exhaust note or anything?
If you already have the OEM manifold, Yes, install it. If you want headers, get a quality manufactured set.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:55 PM   #7
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
If you already have the OEM manifold, Yes, install it. If you want headers, get a quality manufactured set.
What brand would you choose if it was your truck?
Old 06-23-2010, 12:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
What brand would you choose if it was your truck?

The TRD headers a re a good set.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:26 PM   #9
AlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
AlexanderD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The TRD headers a re a good set.
yet they are not available for the 1st gens any more!
i would love a set if anyone knows where i might find them for purchase?
Old 06-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #10
toycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
toycar18's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a 2.7L I would recommend LC Engineering

http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/4Runne...ws/lce_header/
Old 06-23-2010, 06:18 PM   #11
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
TW member Timicha recently got a set of pacesetter headers im pretty sure, you could PM him and ask him about the fitment and what not
Old 06-25-2010, 09:19 AM   #12
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toycar18 View Post
If you have a 2.7L I would recommend LC Engineering

http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/4Runne...ws/lce_header/
Are you running these? How are they working for you?

And I will message that guy and see what he says. Thanks