Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

The taco LEAN!

Old 06-07-2008, 10:57 PM   #1
Stereo Intellect is on a distinguished road
Stereo Intellect's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down The taco LEAN!

Anyone have a problem w their tacoma leaning down on the driverside. HOW do I fix this? It bothers me quite so!
Old 06-07-2008, 11:07 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
see if this answers anything for you: taco lean
Old 06-07-2008, 11:12 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
All 1st gens are notorious for the lean, not much you can do about it.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:13 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereo Intellect View Post
Anyone have a problem w their tacoma leaning down on the driverside. HOW do I fix this? It bothers me quite so!
There are shims on the market for fixing the lean. I belive Wheelers sells them. They work well. You can go a step further and have a spring shop re-arch your driver side leaf springs to help fix the problem, though in many times this step is not nessasary.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:19 PM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I had the lean on my 96.....
Are you running stock suspension or no?

My husband and I disagreed about where it was coming from - front or back. I believed it came from the front because of the side specific coils. On the older gens - the front coils were side specific. The one coil had an additional wrap than the other coil. I had a Rancho 1.5" coils which were not side specific. I ended up using a 1/4" thick leveling spacer that goes ontop the coil assembly that gave you 1/2" lift. That was years ago....

Then, I switched to OME 881 coils and the lean wasn't nearly as noticable (without the spacer).

Obviously, now-a-days there's other options depending on what you need and where you're lean is coming from.

When was the last time you had your suspension removed or greased? Sometimes the rear shackles will *lock up* preventing free movement of the suspension. If you take them apart, clean them up, and regrease...you might feel & see a difference. Again - depends on your personal issue.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:06 AM   #6
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
All 1st gens are notorious for the lean, not much you can do about it.
Not all-mine has NO lean front or back.....I hear the 2nd gen is more notorious for lean....I read it right here at TW! I should say this though-I didnt like the performance of the original shocks so I replaced them.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:04 AM   #7
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
Battery, gas tank and driver are on the same side, opposite of what other autos do. Carry over from the Hilux design?... where the driver is on the right side.

My 2008 has a very noticeable lean.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:44 PM   #8
Wave rider
BlueSilver will become famous soon enough
BlueSilver's Tacoma Gallery
this makes me think of the time I saw a 300 pound man cram himself behind the wheel of a mazda Miata