Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TJM bumpers?

Old 06-27-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
They were never in the U.S, they just imported them to the U.S.

As far as I knew, they stopped importing to the U.S. a couple years ago. I guess there just wasn't enough 'demand' for them at the time. I was lucky enough to get mine when I did - and that was 10 years ago.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
go ARB, quality is about the same, as is price.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:43 PM   #5
Fuelled by plutonium and wild animals
Blumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Blumpkinson's Tacoma Gallery
Unless your set on a plate bumper i would take a look at badlands bumpers.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:57 PM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetik873 View Post
go ARB, quality is about the same, as is price.
i dunno...ive seen some pretty twisted up TJM bumpers...never seen a twisted ARB...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blumpkinson View Post
Unless your set on a plate bumper i would take a look at badlands bumpers.
these are very nice...badlands was def my first choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
All Pro makes some nice ones too
i dont think so
Old 06-27-2010, 05:12 PM   #9
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
http://tinyurl.com/2b54xmx
Old 06-28-2010, 07:03 AM   #10
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i dunno...ive seen some pretty twisted up TJM bumpers...never seen a twisted ARB...
How many TJM bumpers have you even wheeled with?
Not many of them out there. I've never heard of them twisting up.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:23 AM   #11
Fuelled by plutonium and wild animals
Blumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Blumpkinson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
How many TJM bumpers have you even wheeled with?
Not many of them out there. I've never heard of them twisting up.
Buddy of mine has one on his 4runner set up with a winch and his has held up great
Old 06-28-2010, 10:50 PM   #13
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
IMO the TJM is/was the best looking bumper out there. Especially the ones without the big hoop/light bar thing. Its a shame they aren't around any more.
Have a little love for the hoops! I liked mine!!

Hey 984bangertaco.... Have you thought about trying to call TJM and asking if they ever plan on importing again? I used to have the name & e-mail of the U.S. sales rep from 10 years ago.
Here's their website:
http://www.tjm.com.au/
Click - CONTACT US
It can't hurt to ask!
Old 06-29-2010, 07:39 PM   #14
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Have a little love for the hoops! I liked mine!!
I know there are a lot of folks like you that like them that way. Its a personal thing for me. I just like them better without the hoops and those big bumper pads on the front. I feel the same way about the ARBs. If ARB offered a bumper without them, I would have one on my truck right now.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:32 PM   #15
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
I know there are a lot of folks like you that like them that way. Its a personal thing for me. I just like them better without the hoops and those big bumper pads on the front. I feel the same way about the ARBs. If ARB offered a bumper without them, I would have one on my truck right now.
The hoops cannot be cut off, seriously.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #17
Toyota FTW
2000yota has a spectacular aura about2000yota has a spectacular aura about2000yota has a spectacular aura about

Name: Garrett
2000yota's Tacoma Gallery
one of my friends from school has a shrock works bumper on his toyota it looks great he has a winch and it has holes for lights. look em up you might like em