Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

PreRunner tire size confirmation

Old 06-09-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
hardtaco will become famous soon enoughhardtaco will become famous soon enough

hardtaco's Tacoma Gallery
PreRunner tire size confirmation

I am gettin some new skins next month for my 04 d-cab PreRunner and it is my understanding that a 265-75-16 is the largest 16" tire that will fit on the PreRunners without anything rubbing and no suspension lift. Is this a fact? Also, what is the best bang for the buck in that size for a non aggressive all terrain tire? I am mostly on the pavement and occasionally in sand.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:49 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtaco View Post
I am gettin some new skins next month for my 04 d-cab PreRunner and it is my understanding that a 265-75-16 is the largest 16" tire that will fit on the PreRunners without anything rubbing and no suspension lift. Is this a fact? Also, what is the best bang for the buck in that size for a non aggressive all terrain tire? I am mostly on the pavement and occasionally in sand.
IMHO a Nitto Tarra Grappler in 265/75/16 would fit quite nicely.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:59 PM   #3
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
see them nice FAT meats under mine? You cannot beat a good set of Michelin X-rads......unless....you go with Chris4x4's
Old 06-09-2008, 06:07 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
see them nice FAT meats under mine? You cannot beat a good set of Michelin X-rads......unless....you go with Chris4x4's
What size are those??
Old 06-09-2008, 06:11 PM   #5
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

265-70-16's I have LOTS of room down there for the 75's but I sit well with these-side profile isnt skimpy at all IMO
Old 06-09-2008, 06:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
265-70-16's I have LOTS of room down there for the 75's but I sit well with these-side profile isnt skimpy at all IMO
Its still a 31" tire. Looks good, Frank!
Old 06-09-2008, 06:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Its still a 31" tire. Looks good, Frank!
Thank you Sir
Old 06-10-2008, 09:50 PM   #8
bajaracer is on a distinguished road
Name: Charly
bajaracer's Tacoma Gallery
slap on a leveling kit and switch to some 15x10's on 32x11.50's. its going to look great and way cheaper than 16'' tires.