Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Seat swap on 98 tacoma reg cab

Old 06-28-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
bisleypete is on a distinguished road
bisleypete's Tacoma Gallery
Seat swap on 98 tacoma reg cab

need seat. going to see guy who has a bunch. Will a 2001-2004 60/40 work on a reg cab or should I go with buckets out of a 4 runner or try to get 95-2000 seat. need help from experts

Thanks Hilton
Old 06-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
I assume you're ditching a solid bench seat for buckets, right?

Some amount of tweaking and / or drilling new holes will be required for all the options you mentioned.

The most straightforward swap would be pre-2005 Tacoma buckets.

Next in order of escalating hassle would be the 2001 - 2004 60/40. The passenger side is a basic bucket, but the driver's side has a different mounting arrangement on the rear inboard 'leg'.

4Runner buckets would involve the most tweaking (and maybe some outright fabrication, depending on generation).

If matching your interior color scheme is important to you, I'd recommend trying to find 1998 - 2000 Tacoma seats.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:55 PM   #3
yota32 is on a distinguished road
yota32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnolaGaia View Post
I assume you're ditching a solid bench seat for buckets, right?

Some amount of tweaking and / or drilling new holes will be required for all the options you mentioned.

The most straightforward swap would be pre-2005 Tacoma buckets.

Next in order of escalating hassle would be the 2001 - 2004 60/40. The passenger side is a basic bucket, but the driver's side has a different mounting arrangement on the rear inboard 'leg'.

4Runner buckets would involve the most tweaking (and maybe some outright fabrication, depending on generation).

If matching your interior color scheme is important to you, I'd recommend trying to find 1998 - 2000 Tacoma seats.
When I had my 98 Sr5 extended cab with the terrible 60/40 bench seat I installed a bucket seat from an old 80's era toyota pick up truck. It was a nice seat; it had all the adjustments and stuff. I had a shop install it for me; they had to drill new holes for the rear brackets since they were shorter than the OEM seat. It is possible...it just may take some fabbing and drilling.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:45 PM   #4
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Depending on how tall/big you are I wouldn't go with the 01-04 seats. I'm 6'2 and any ride over 30 minutes kills my back.