1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

sorry for the noob question

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by beefcake, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Aug 14, 2010 at 5:04 PM
    beefcake

beefcake [OP] J-rob

Member:
    First Name:
    J-Rob
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    98 4WD V6
    Debadged,Deck Plate mod, Helix throttle body spacer, magnaflow two chamber, smoked corner marker lamps, cb radio, smoked headlights, grillcraft mesh grill, URD short throw shifter, ultagauge, billstein 5100 front struts, spidertrax 1.25 spacers on all four
    has anyone changed the thermostat on their truck? i want to change that and the radiator hoses i know the hoses will be and easy task but not to sure about the thermostat, also should i order these parts from toyota or should I just stick with the autozone brand hoses and thermostat. TIA

2. Aug 14, 2010 at 9:39 PM
    AKTacoma

AKTacoma Dedicated Crew Chief

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Houma, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DCLB
    I think you'd be fine getting radiator hoses and all from an auto parts store and the same for the thermostat, but I'd get one of those fail-safe thermostats. Instead of locking closed when they get too hot, they lock open, which keeps from doing major damage to your engine. oh and don't forget to get the thermostat gasket.. just a reminder before you get it all ready to put in and then remember you need a new one

3. Aug 15, 2010 at 4:19 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I changed mine at the same time I changed my water pump.

The thermostat is inside the water pump housing. You have to remove a 'hard' pipe to remove the thermostat.

In this picture (lower right of the picture) - you'll see the rubber hose attached to a steal pipe that goes up to the water pump. You have to remove this steal pipe/hose at the water pump. The thermostat is located behind that round ball shape in the pipe.

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top