1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Throwout bearing

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by saweetlou, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Aug 25, 2010 at 10:43 AM
    saweetlou

saweetlou [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Guelph Ontario
    Vehicle:
    TRD Dbl cab long bed
    3in spacer
    I had my clutch (pressure plate TO bearing and pilot bearing all new) replaced about 2 months ago and Im guessing its my throwout bearing squeaking whenever the clutch is not engaged, it seems to be progressively getting louder. This is really starting to annoy me. Do I have any options aside from replacing the bearing.

2. Aug 26, 2010 at 2:25 PM
    offroadTRD

offroadTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dinwiddie County, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma V6 SR5 4x4 TRD- Fabtech
    Fabtech 3" adjustable coil-over system, Alcan 8-leaf spring pack, Fabtech 3" body lift.
    Don't worry, you're not the only one with this issue. I replaced my clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, and pilot bearing also with the same results as you. My throw out bearing still squeaks to this day even with it being brand new. I'm not even gonna worry about mine. When my clutch goes out again, I'll repeat the process.

3. Nov 9, 2020 at 6:01 AM
    GQ7227

GQ7227 mw survivor

Member:
    First Name:
    J A Y
    309km east of Hazard ...the good life
    Vehicle:
    '97 black SR5 0g ~ MT @ 176k ...
    black woolWax, green IFC, borlaCB, custom Line-X PC drums, skid, nuts, hooks, 1/4 silver frame...
    ... curious if this chirpy can be distinguished between other odd noises, such as squeally belt(s), worn pulley(s) fan bracket noises
    its an oddity
    loud squealing at cold start up, jerking while in neutral and let the pedal go, usually only in cold weather at high idle
    i also noticed some odd noises from the engine compartment while left hot idling in neutral at the convenience store lot the other week
    :notsure:

Products Discussed in

To Top