1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Whining noise when I let off the gas????

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by eric70412, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Aug 28, 2010 at 10:07 AM
    eric70412

eric70412 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pa
    Vehicle:
    2003 Toyota Tacoma 2.7 SR5
    2002 tacoma 4x4 V6 5spd. TRD 141K-I am hearing a whining noise when I let off the gas and then it goes away when I get on the gas. Also when I first start the truck up and it is in N I let the clutch out it whines and then as soon as I push it in it goes away. It has done that ever since I have bought it with 41k on it. But now I hear it when im driving it and when I let off the gas in any gear. It seems to be getting louder too. I was told that it might be a Throw out bearing??

Does that sound right? Anyone experience having that problem with theirs? Anyone have that problem fixed at the dealer and how much did it cost em?

Thanks in advanced!!

2. Aug 28, 2010 at 11:29 AM
    DIRT YOTA

DIRT YOTA Aka EL ROJO

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    Camarillo, CA
    Vehicle:
    03' dbl cab with some stuff
    Mine does this if I'm shifted into first or 2nd(mines auto) at high rpm then let off the gas u hear a kinda high pitch winning. Have no clue why, I don't worry till I can tell something is wrong. Toyotas last but will make noises as they age, ha just like people. But I'm curious to why/what it is.

Products Discussed in

To Top