1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New to Tacoma World: Tire Rubbing and Lighting Questions

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by dramey, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Dec 14, 2010 at 3:25 PM
    dramey

dramey [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Princeton, KY
    I originally posted in the new members forum and realized then realized I wasnt suppose to ask questions in that forum.

I have an 03 Double Cab TRD 4WD and I just got new tires and wheels about 3 weeks ago. I have 16 in Moto Metal Rims and 265/75R 16 Wild Country Mud Terrian tires on them. When I turn sharp I have a little rubbing of the tires on the wheel well. What is my best option to solve this problem? I am currently planning on putting a 2in leveling kit (this one to be exact http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...i%3D1&viewitem= ), but would anything else be better? I am wanting to do this over christmas when my brother is in town to help me.

Second question: I am going to buy a hunter stainless steel bull bar and I am wanting to put some HID's on it. I have read some threads on here about the Hellas then converting them and that seems to be the cheapest route but I wanted some more opinions.

I am new to owning a truck and I am not very good mechanic so all suggestions and help will be appreciated.

Wheels.jpg
    Truck with wheels.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Dec 14, 2010 at 3:26 PM
    johnw

johnw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner v-6 4.0L 4 door
    well you asked for specs..... 06 trd sport speedway blue 5.3l v8 4.0 camburg lift spindles extended travel icons total chaos lowers allpro 4" leaf pack 17" xd hoss rims 37/12.5/17 mickey thompson baja atz Allpro hybrid bumper grill craft grill wicked flow muffler inside i have..... wet okole real tree camo seat cover blue oznium dome light stealth sub box with 2 10" kicker comp subs kicker 400 watt amp weathertech floor mats
    it would help to show what part of the wheel well is rubbing and welcome from fl

3. Dec 14, 2010 at 3:29 PM
    PAlittlematty

PAlittlematty "the soulless ginger"

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Beech Creek, PA
    Vehicle:
    I miss my taco
    OME Lift, 885 Coils, 13MM Top Spacer, Dakar Leafs, DSM UCAs, Homeroshi Flush Mount Grille, WeatherTech Digifit Mats, Bestop Super Top, Toyota Bed Extender, Clevice Receiver 1990 SR5 3.slow SAS 5” Leafs, high pinion diff, 37” PBRs, MC rear, AP front bumpers, 5.29s, locked
    The leveling kit will take care of it. I had the same issue with aftermarket wheels. Leveling kit n they never rubbed again.

Products Discussed in

To Top