1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

axle wrap or something else?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by SargeSlapnuts, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Feb 6, 2011 at 7:43 PM
    SargeSlapnuts

SargeSlapnuts [OP] SargeSlapnuts

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Pooler, Ga
    Vehicle:
    2003 taco TRD off road 4x4 dbl cab.
    255/85-16 BF goodrich km3's, modified trail gear Bumpers front and rear, 10k winch, ranch rear lift shackles, Rancho coilovers in the front, grey wire mod, aftermarket stereo, camper top on the back.
    i have a 2004 taco prerunner with the trd off road package. when ever i put it in reverse and pop the gasa little to hard i get pops and thumps that sound like they are coming from the front of the vehicle. could the noise becoming from the rear and sound like its from the front. not quite sure where to start with this one.

2. Feb 6, 2011 at 7:44 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    How many miles?

3. Feb 6, 2011 at 7:50 PM
    SargeSlapnuts

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Pooler, Ga
    Vehicle:
    255/85-16 BF goodrich km3's, modified trail gear Bumpers front and rear, 10k winch, ranch rear lift shackles, Rancho coilovers in the front, grey wire mod, aftermarket stereo, camper top on the back.
    bought it 5 months ago at 97,000 its sitting at 120,000 miles right now.

4. Feb 6, 2011 at 8:21 PM
    Skillet

Skillet Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Palmdale,Ca
    Vehicle:
    99 tacoma prerunner 3.4 auto trans trd,
    Trd edition,black powdercoated wheels,king Coils front, king double bypass rear, k&n cai, jba headers,borla exhuast,optima batt,xenon hid,crystal headlights,rewired entire car to four guage wiring on big stuff alt starter etc.,alpine screen,focal honeycomb components,JL four channel amp,dynamated entire inside of truck and hoodliner,limo tint all rear windows,LEDs everywhere possible dome light, tails,fronts,04 tailights,
    Sounds like the u joints and slipper spline need to be greased on the driveshaft. Mine did that till I bought a grease gun and mobil 1 grease and filled all the zerk fittings until grease comes out of the u joints and the slipper shaft. Just my .02$

5. Feb 6, 2011 at 8:22 PM
    SargeSlapnuts

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Pooler, Ga
    Vehicle:
    i will give that a shot cause i have like three grease guns laying around.

Products Discussed in

To Top