1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pulley preventative maintenance refresh?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by genuitybits, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Feb 26, 2011 at 6:33 AM
    genuitybits

genuitybits [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner Base Model
    After 100k, has anyone replaced the pulleys as preventative maintenance? Which ones would you replace and where would be the cheapest place to get quality pulleys. I looked up the power steering pump pulley and it looks like it only comes with the bracket and not the pulley itself. I highly doubt the bracket needs to be replaced. Stealership seems to have the best deal for the idler pulley 88440-04030 but not quite sure about other pulleys. My is a 2000 with a 2.4L.

Thanks

2. Apr 19, 2012 at 9:39 AM
    genuitybits

genuitybits [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner Base Model
    Has anyone found a suitable replacement for the power steering pulley (OE pulley with assembly part number is 44350-34010)? Is it the same as the A/C idler pulley?

Gates (http://www.gates.com/part_locator/index.cfm?location_id=3002) only seem to have the AC pulley listed as part 38031. For reference, the Gates pulley is made in USA with bearing made in Taiwan.

Looking up the part number on Dayco yields the Dayco 89038:
    http://www.accessdayco.com/AdditionalInfo.aspx?Part=89038

The picture for the Dayco surprising looks similar to the Gates', although using the interchange lookup for Gates yields "no replacement" from Gates.

Products Discussed in

To Top