1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

03 Tacoma Python Alarm

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Carito, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Jun 18, 2011 at 10:08 AM
    Carito

Carito [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 Prerunner TRD Extra Cab
    Box, Side Rails, Deck Mod
    Got an 03 Xtra Cab v6 with auto tranny. Wanted to upgrade the original keyless entry with something better than just replacing the two original keyfobs that broke.

Was looking at the Python 1601
    http://www.pythoncarsecurity.com/products/product.aspx?productid=618

Anyone know anything about this in terms of installing etc? It does have remote starter but from what I take, since I dont have an 05 or newer I dont need some kind of bypass thing. I do have a copy of the factory service manaul along with the connector wiring scheme etc. Just not sure how hard this is or how well I can expect the remote start to work. It's only about $30 less without the remote start so I though what the heck. Would be great when its 105 outside and its already cooled.

Thanks for any help
    Carito

2. Jun 19, 2011 at 6:53 AM
    Carito

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Ok, so maybe no one has this exact alarm. Can anyone maybe tell me what they do have, have involved is the typical process (am I going to have to remove the dash or anything extreme like that), and how about the remote start. Is that pretty reliable? Worth it?

3. Jun 19, 2011 at 10:34 AM
    DblCabMN

DblCabMN Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mpls, Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    03 DC TRD/LTD
    Bilstein 5100's all around - Toytec/Eibach 112-620 Coils, Wheelers 5-Pack+Wheelers 2"AAL. 33x10.5x15 KM2s - Siped on Summit Racing 84-5883 rims with 3.750 BS. 4.88s. Demello HD round sliders. Home built full skids. Home built front bumper. Plasti'd badges. Energy Susp. steering rack bushings. Sway bar delete. Deck plate mod. aFe Pro-Dry. Gibson exhaust.
    You could google for the installation manual and see how involved the install is..

I know the aftermarket keyless+remote start system that came with my truck had a decent amount of splicing done. if it were me who bought it, i probably would've had a shop install it if it were less than $100 labor. Electrical stuff like that (Tying into the tach, the ignition etc.) to me means it has to be done right if i don't want to get stranded because my amateur splice failed.

Gdlk!

4. Jun 19, 2011 at 2:42 PM
    Carito

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Thanks I didnt think about looking for the manual. Going without the remote starter I know would be easier, but who like easy. I'll check for a manual though. thanks.

5. Jun 19, 2011 at 3:50 PM
    Styx586

Styx586 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terrance
    Lake Elsinore, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport, 2001 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    I recently got a Viper alarm system installed and i love it... got it done at a car audio place for $200. they installed it

Products Discussed in

To Top