1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2 wheeler question?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Roy Matson, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Nov 3, 2008 at 1:19 AM
    Roy Matson

Roy Matson [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daryl
    minnesota
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 4x4
    in dash gps and custom subs, 2.5 "coil spacers & 2" blocks, aluminium wheels & 33" Yokohamas
    Im jus wonderin how all you 2 wheel drive taco owners do out in the mud? Do they do ok or u usually get stuck? Cuz i always end up stuck until 4 wheel saves me!!

2. Nov 3, 2008 at 10:37 AM
    backwoodking

backwoodking Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thousand Oaks/Southern CA
    Vehicle:
    3.4 V6 Deck Plate and Cut Turn-Down
    Deck Plate, Hitch, Cut Turn-Down Exhaust, Tint, Clear Corners, Shell, Full Size bed in the pickup, Hopefully More Soon
    I do ok in the mud, but when we're out in the sand I get stuck on every other run I take.

3. Nov 3, 2008 at 4:23 PM
    OFFROADCARWASH

OFFROADCARWASH Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacktown, Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    2000 Taco customized
    Custom badged black, 100watt LOUDSPEAKER mounted under toolbox, UWS toolbox, All terrain Tires, K&N Ram Air Intake, HUGE flood lights mounted to Tool Box, Cobra CB radio, Francis Antenna, HELLA Blue Headlights, 12 Pad LEDS in Cab lights, Husky Liners, Tinted Windows at 15%, Thrush Glass Pack (burned Out) with 4inch Tip..Remote Crank and Intry, 2 12" subs, Blacked out head lights and tail lights.
    The mud is pretty easy if you know how to drive offroad...The sand IS HELL. never will I go in sand again.

4. Nov 3, 2008 at 4:34 PM
    -TRDMAN-

-TRDMAN- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Clarion Pa
    Vehicle:
    F-150
    Hell i burried mine all the time with 4x4...... :confused:but i think it is my fault...haha:D

5. Nov 3, 2008 at 4:37 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    Sand is actually not that bad at all in 2 wheel drive unless your trying to climb huge hills or tow something. The trick is to air down, I've driven MANY 4x2 vehicles in the dunes. In fact, when i'm in the dunes i'm usually running in 4x2 in my taco, until i really need it..

6. Nov 3, 2008 at 5:36 PM
    cclax2145

cclax2145 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2002 prerunner SR5 Blacked out
    Deckplate mod, K&N drop in, blacked out tails and emblems, 3 inch toytec spacer/AAL lift, Alpine head unit, Boston acustics speakers, and 10 inch image dynamics sub (in custom seat/box), Alpine EQ, Flowmaster 40 series, and viper alarm system, 33inch bfg MTs, 15inch black steelys
    I got bfg Mud terrains on my prerunner and i do pretty good in mud. I just gotta make sure i got decently fast before and use a little momentum to get through it. As far as sand everytime ive been ive done good, only time i got stuck was on a steep climb up a narrow path but that was when i had bald allterrains. So yea 4x2 is alot harder that 4x4 as far as the ease of muding and so on, but for me it sure is alot of fun!

7. Nov 3, 2008 at 5:43 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    I think it has more to do with the ability of the driver rather than the vehicle, although it helps a lot to have a rear locker too.

8. Nov 3, 2008 at 5:52 PM
    2004Taco

2004Taco Financially Irresponsible

Member:
    First Name:
    Lou
    Long Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab PreRunner SR5 TRD
    went to glamis in my prerunner. Aired down the tires and did my thing. Never been in the mud. Not many places you can go mud boggin in So Cal.

Products Discussed in

To Top