1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

need a set of stock body mounting bolts

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Stout890, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Nov 7, 2011 at 3:22 PM
    Stout890

Stout890 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmdale ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    10" sub, OME881 on Bilstein's, 3" all-pro leaf springs with billies in the back, JBA UCA's, bed cover with custom LED lighting, k&n intake and DT headers, OEM E-locker in the rear. 32" BFG KO2 on steel D window wheels, suicide knob. rebuilt 3RZ w/ stage 1 cam and balance shaft delete . big 3 mod, all new suspension and body mount bushings. cat back magnaflow exhaust.
    hey all, im going to be removing my 3 inch body lift and am trying to locate a set of stock body mount hardware. does anyone have a set lying around they would like to sell?

Toyota wants $130 and i cant seem to find myself paying that price for some hardware.

its an ext cab if that makes a difference

2. Nov 7, 2011 at 3:33 PM
    MMyota

MMyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Salem, AL
    Vehicle:
    01 Prerunner TRD 4x4
    TRD cat back, TRD headers, Airaid CAI, poweraid throttle body spacer, Saw 2.0s, toytec AAL, RG 1" body lift, 4x4/5-speed swap, aussie locker front
  3. Nov 7, 2011 at 7:06 PM
    Stout890

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmdale ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    10" sub, OME881 on Bilstein's, 3" all-pro leaf springs with billies in the back, JBA UCA's, bed cover with custom LED lighting, k&n intake and DT headers, OEM E-locker in the rear. 32" BFG KO2 on steel D window wheels, suicide knob. rebuilt 3RZ w/ stage 1 cam and balance shaft delete . big 3 mod, all new suspension and body mount bushings. cat back magnaflow exhaust.
    great thanks for that link.

can you tell me though why he offeres an ext cab option for 2001+ but not the 95.5-00? does it not matter?

4. Nov 7, 2011 at 7:09 PM
    TacoMX

TacoMX TW's Official anti body-lift pundit

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Deltona, Florida
    Go to ace hardware and match up the threads and get the bolts 3'' shorter than the ones you have. Get class 8.8 or 10.9 bolts.

5. Nov 7, 2011 at 8:15 PM
    Stout890

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmdale ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    good idea!

are they all about the same size? basically if i take 1 out to have it matched for threads per inch and .dia will it be fine or is the specific ones i need to take?

was wondering also if i could just cut down the bolts from the lift and just clean the edge of the cut up with a file at a 45 degree angle (like you do with a cross threaded bolt)

would rather get new ones but that would be just in case..

6. Nov 7, 2011 at 9:43 PM
    TacoMX

TacoMX TW's Official anti body-lift pundit

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Deltona, Florida
    I would definitely get new hardware. While you can just cut off the extra on the old bolts...they are the bolts that hold the body of your truck onto the frame; I wouldn't skimp.

They should all the the same size/length...but dont quote me on that.

I will also be taking my 3'' BL off that the PO installed. Cant wait to get it off. Let us know how it goes so I can get some tips ;) What kind of body mount bushings are you going with?

7. Nov 8, 2011 at 12:12 AM
    Stout890

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmdale ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    from what i understand the bushings should still be there with the pucks on top of them. but i am a firm believer in replacing with new if you can, and i think the energy suspension bushings are a good choice if i can get them for 64$ like i have seen them online before. but i think the 75$ i usually see them priced at is getting up there. the ones at 4crawler.com are 90$ and i don't believe they are any better than stock so thats a no go for me. i just worry about the bolts
    used for the bed because they don't use bushings so i wonder if they may be a bit shorter. also i wonder if washers are loose or attached to the mounting bolts? from what iv read at 4crawler.com they are a special size and thickness that must be used and are hard to find.

8. Nov 8, 2011 at 5:07 AM
    magog45

magog45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada, just south of Santa
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma 4x4 extended cab
    5100's all around, 2.75 inch lift, polyurethane body mounts, gibson exhaust, variation of the deckplate mod, intake resonators removed 285-75-16 goodyear AT
    When I took off my bodylift I used the energy suspension bushings and the bolts from the head of an Oldsmobile 350 Rocket, I figured they should be strong enough. The box is different because they run up blind into a nut welded into the bed rails, what I did was cut those bolts down and cut new threads into the shortened bolts but a good hardware store should be able to match things up. Remember to be careful with the brake lines and steering coupler and unbolting the rad was a real knuckle buster as well.

9. Nov 9, 2011 at 10:13 PM
    Stout890

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmdale ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    So the bed bolt are a little different than the cab bolts?

Products Discussed in

To Top