1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Nathans Tacoma Lot

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by yota14, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Jan 12, 2012 at 6:41 PM
    yota14

yota14 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Concord, North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    1996.5 Tacoma 4wd 6cyl 5spd
    TRD SuperCharger 6in TrailMaster Diff Drop 3in BLift Flow Master Exhaust Sony Explod Radio Pioneer Speakers Rear & Front 2 JL Audio 10" Subs Apline Amp Toolbox Westin Step Bars Vent Visors
    Hey guys! Im currently taking Honors Ecommerce 1. My final project was to design a website that sells something. I chose to do my on Tacomas. If yall wouldn't mind taking a look at it before January 17, 2012 and give me some advise on what you like/ and or dislike.

Heres my site: http://nathanstacomalot.comlu.com

P.S. the ".comlu.com" is a subdomain because I didn't purchase a domain! It IS SAFE!

2. Jan 12, 2012 at 6:45 PM
    Ohbrian

Ohbrian Taco Roja

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Fremont, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner
    Eclipse head unit,scratched paint,ripped seat, black chaos 6 rims, Bilstein 5100's, top plate spacers, AAL, Midget antenna, Bakflip G2 cover, 14" Magnaflow, 400W inverter, LR UCA's
    Looks a little plain, and there is a lot of wasted screen real estate. Not bad though, you're getting there.

3. Jan 12, 2012 at 6:56 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    It's a good start. I would recommend that you try and pair up with someone with good design skills. I am good with the technical skills but I really rely on designers to do the look and feel. And hide the hit counter. It's a good start, I think you are on the right track.

4. Jan 12, 2012 at 7:00 PM
    Dhawk1313

Dhawk1313 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    99 SR5
    Clear Corners, Clear Turn Signals, Pioneer Headunit, Kenwood speakers up front, Alpines in back, Billy 5100's front + rear, Toytec AAL, Eibach/Toytec Coilovers, Toytec Diff drop, Smoked taillights
    Looks good man!

5. Jan 12, 2012 at 7:04 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon Musk Moderator

Member:
    Why did you capitalize the "C" in "click" and "h" in "here" after Tacoma?

6. Jan 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon Musk Moderator

Member:
    Other than that it looks good. Good work man.

7. Jan 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM
    jpneely

jpneely Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    2005 Land Cruiser, 2017 Land Cruiser
    Id put sexy ladies on it somewhere. not to sexy because its school related but maybe like a nice sweater shot or something haha

8. Jan 12, 2012 at 7:11 PM
    oneBIGroom

oneBIGroom SSS

Member:
    First Name:
    SSS
    SSS
    Vehicle:
    SSS
    SSS
    I like it but i'd put different colors on it.. Red and Black? Black and Yellow? :D

Could you take some pics of people's truck on here and post them on the background? :rolleyes:

9. Jan 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    Add imperial jade mica. :D

10. Jan 12, 2012 at 7:22 PM
    RattleTractor

RattleTractor Lube: It's the key to penetration.

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    VT
    Vehicle:
    '04 Unicorn Tacoma
    1KZ-TE Diesel, GFC, Pizza cutters, Dorkel
    Get better pictures for the Tacoma's in the 'for sale' section!!! You have HUNDREDS of sweet trucks to choose from here on TW, just PM the people and I bet everybody says yes to you using their photos.

11. Jan 12, 2012 at 7:31 PM
    Madjik_Man

Madjik_Man The Rembrandt of Rattle Can

Member:
    Colorado Front Range
    Vehicle:
    1998 Ext Cab 3.4 4x4 TRD 5MT, 2004 DC 3.4 4x4 TRD
    In the "About us" section:

All employees must have at least 15 years, of which 5 must be working for a division of Toyota.

After "15 years" I assume the word "experience" is missing.

I can help you with this verbiage also, if you would like (it reads a bit unprofessional). I'm of the ilk that would let you rewrite it first:

Nathan's Tacoma Lot is dedicated to providing quality trucks at a low price. We specialize in first generation Toyota Tacomas. There are two generations of Toyota Tacomas. They are simply first and second generation. Toyota discontinued the first generation Tacoma in 2004.

I'll keep poking around the site, but I like the idea and what you've done so far.

12. Jan 13, 2012 at 8:13 AM
    yota14

yota14 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Concord, North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    1996.5 Tacoma 4wd 6cyl 5spd
    TRD SuperCharger 6in TrailMaster Diff Drop 3in BLift Flow Master Exhaust Sony Explod Radio Pioneer Speakers Rear & Front 2 JL Audio 10" Subs Apline Amp Toolbox Westin Step Bars Vent Visors
    Thanks a lot guys I really appreciate it. So far this is what I *fixed/changed/updated*
    DONE:
    1. The counter is gone. I was just seeing how many poeple looked at it on here! It was at like 100 which aint bad yall!
    2. I made everything 50px wider(700 total) so there's not at much wasted screen space.
    3. Links on menu bar do not go back to white. They still are black when you hover and are active on that specific page.
    4. Changed "Click Here" to "click here"
    5. Changed "Pre-owned Catalog" to "pre-owned catalog"
    6. Added "experience" to aboutus.html
    7. Getting new pictures for catalog

ALMOST DONE:
    1. Adding Pictures to catalog truck information.

13. Jan 13, 2012 at 9:27 AM
    Riptide

Riptide Knee Dragger

Member:
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    99' Black Tacoma TRD 4x4 6 cyl Ext Cab
    Matching bed cover, soon-to-be 01 front end conversion
    OP - can you put code in to fit certain borders to the users currently configured screen size? This should size it appropriately for any user browsing the site.

There's a huge blue gap under the sites introduction. Little things like these are like misspellings in the grammatical sense, when you are attempting to sell a point or idea, it seems unprofessional and undermines credibility. Pay attention to the small things.

Your text format / font type of the title is a cookie cutter packaged font design that's in every free word processor found on the internet. I would attempt a ink splatter design using photoshop if you want to go all the way, or integrate something into the title so it takes the focus away from the oversized bland font type of your sites title.

Otherwise, it's pretty simple and straightforward. Lots of dumb people out there who can get frustrated easily, so it's a good idea. Keeps it clean too.

14. Jan 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM
    Boerseun

Boerseun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD Sport 4x4
    Upgraded 2002 Tacoma to 2018 Tundra
    First of all , I do not know anything about website design, so I would say "good job" already, the way it is. However, if you are asking for input, I would say that it looks a little bland. There is only one picture of a Tacoma. My monitor is wide, so more than half the page is just empty background. If you can have a "watermark" type background of a tacoma, or maybe randomly changing pictures of Tacomas in the background that will fill the space between the edges of the screen and your text box. These pictures will add different colors also.
    As someone else has mentioned, the name seems a little generic in terms of Font. Have someone on the photoshop thread help you out with a custom looking name with maybe a picture of a Tacoma, shaddows etc. (without over-doing it of course, but a little more than what you have now.) Check out the new guy (theTupper) on the photoshop thread - he has done some really cool things - maybe he can help you out with something custom.
    I also saw a few grammer issues ( sheck "a" vs "an" and small things like that that might put picky buyers off)

All in all it is a lot better than anything I would be able to come up with, so I would already give it a thumbs up. :thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top