1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Serpentine Belt/ Supercharger Belt Replacement

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Coma17, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Jan 13, 2009 at 6:08 PM
    Coma17

Coma17 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Mesa, Az
    Vehicle:
    03 Supercharged PreRunner
    TRD Supercharger, AirRaid Intake, HID Headlights, Custom Mirrors w/Turn Signals, Custom Exhaust w/ Magnaflow, 20" wheels, Tonneau Cover, Roll Pan, Bucket Seats.
    Here is the belt info for an (my) 2003 Supercharged PreRunner.

A/C Belt - Duralast(from Autozone) - 342K4 4PK0870
    P/S Belt - Duralast(from Autozone) - 420K4 4PK1065
    S/C Belt - Toyota(from Toyota Dealer) -PTR30-35040

I recently noticed that my supercharger belt was cracking. So, of course I searched TW for any hints, tips, or info on belt numbers and how to's. I found nothing. I ended up just going to Autozone and getting the Power steering belt and the A/C belt and replacing them as well because they had to come off to replace the Supercharger belt. I looked around and found that the Power Steering pump had a tension bolt, so I loosened the mount bolt that locks the tensioner in place, then the tensioner. The A/C had a pulley, which is located below the Power Steering, that also had a tension bolt. I had to loosen the pulley's center spindle bolt to release the tensioner to be able to relieve the tension. Both belts were still a little tough to get off and required a little finess, the help of a flat head screwdriver took care of that.
    Once the A/C and Power Steering belts were off, I used a 3/8" drive breaker bar to release the S/C belt. Then, with a little bit of force, slid the S/C belt behind the tensioner pulley, and manuevered it around the fan and it was out.
    Reverse the process to install!

dira1987 likes this.
  2. Mar 22, 2012 at 2:52 PM
    MaxN1

MaxN1 New Member

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner Tacoma
    TRD Supercharger Magnaflow exhaust (new) Drilled front disc brake rotors K&N Air Filter aftermarket grille XM radio ScangaugeII
    Part # of the S/C serpentine belt from the dealer still checks out; $30. Apparently its hard for them to look up, so that could help having it for them.

3. Apr 20, 2022 at 12:47 PM
    yotabeast505

yotabeast505 The Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    NE Hights ABQ NM
    Vehicle:
    THE BEAST
    here we go. Ford 9" rear after breaking 5 sets of gears in the stock yota 8.8, 5.13 gears with a detroit hard locker, 63" chevy leafs and custom hangers, sky's front spring hanger with sky's extream hysteer and PSC hydro assist ram and PSC pump. welded front spyders in the f-550 front dana 60 with warn hubs, pico brake lines and hoses, elecrtic fan, TRD supercharger with URD 2.1 Pully, URD Map-ECU2 and cage built by me. wide band a/f by inovations, lots and lots more...........
    Napa has the correct size belts. Just tell them you need a 4 rib and whatever length you need. They have belts about every inch long you could want.

Products Discussed in

To Top