1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

water/methonal injection anyone?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by tacomaforlife, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Sep 19, 2012 at 7:08 AM
    tacomaforlife

tacomaforlife [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robbie
    AIKEN, SC
    Vehicle:
    Its a Toyota what more is there to say.....
    TRD S/C 3" sky jacker suspension lift,33" kumho road venture mt kl71's 16" 320c pacer wheels,billet grill,EBC slotted and dimpled rotors,super 44 muffler with gutted cat,smoked l.e.d. tail lights, deck plate mod with K&N filter,fog/blinker mod,cobra cb with 4' firestick antenna/100W PA,clear corners with l.e.d bulbs,55w back up lights,urd O2 sim., blue l.e.d bulbs behind gauge cluster.
    anyone running a water/methonal injection system on ther 1st gen with a s/c? if so what brand?

2. Sep 19, 2012 at 7:23 AM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
  3. Sep 19, 2012 at 11:36 AM
    tacomaforlife

Member:
    First Name:
    Robbie
    AIKEN, SC
    Vehicle:
    TRD S/C 3" sky jacker suspension lift,33" kumho road venture mt kl71's 16" 320c pacer wheels,billet grill,EBC slotted and dimpled rotors,super 44 muffler with gutted cat,smoked l.e.d. tail lights, deck plate mod with K&N filter,fog/blinker mod,cobra cb with 4' firestick antenna/100W PA,clear corners with l.e.d bulbs,55w back up lights,urd O2 sim., blue l.e.d bulbs behind gauge cluster.
    yea ive talked to him but wasnt sure if anyone on this site was running a diffrent kit.

4. Sep 19, 2012 at 3:29 PM
    shelshelly90

shelshelly90 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sheldon
    College Station, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma TRD SR5
    TRD supercharger, URD fuel mods, K&N Intake, throttle body spacer, flowmaster 40 series exhaust,
    ive got a 2nd generation supercharger with a devils own progressive kit. prob the best mod ive ever done besides the supercharger itself. what are you trying to do just lower intake temps? or increase octane? get rid of pinging?

5. Sep 19, 2012 at 3:44 PM
    StAndrew

StAndrew Wait for it...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4TRD
    Intake, exhaust, lift. Typical stuff.
    I dont think the 1st gen TRD supercharger warrants this.

6. Sep 19, 2012 at 3:56 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    I've seen these kits on N/A engines. Heat is the enemy of power, reduce heat = more power. How is it non beneficial?

7. Sep 19, 2012 at 4:28 PM
    tacomaforlife

Member:
    First Name:
    Robbie
    AIKEN, SC
    Vehicle:
    Looking to lower intake temp and increase octane I have no issues with pinging.

8. Sep 19, 2012 at 4:33 PM
    tacomaforlife

Member:
    First Name:
    Robbie
    AIKEN, SC
    Vehicle:
    The Trd 1st gen s/c won't be harmed by an injection system it would help because the s/c creats hotter intake temps with no way to cool it before entering the cylinders so having a way to cool the air even before it goes Into the s/c should help greatly.

9. Sep 19, 2012 at 4:42 PM
    tacomaforlife

Member:
    First Name:
    Robbie
    AIKEN, SC
    Vehicle:
    Do you have any pics of your setup and does that kit come with a resivor as well?

10. Sep 19, 2012 at 4:46 PM
    StAndrew

StAndrew Wait for it...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4TRD
    I thought that was what the 7th Injector did :notsure:

11. Sep 19, 2012 at 4:56 PM
    tacomaforlife

Member:
    First Name:
    Robbie
    AIKEN, SC
    Vehicle:
    The results aren't as great with the urd 7th injector according to Texas ace he remove his completely and went with just the injection system.

12. Sep 19, 2012 at 5:05 PM
    My68ur8trd

My68ur8trd Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Williamsburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD OR Dcab 4x4
    URD Catback | TRD CAI | TRD S/C | APR X-1 | DTLT | APR 2.85" Pulley |Fabtech 6" | Icon C/O | Alcan Leafs | 33 Grabber AT2 | 17" XD Addicts
    Alot of people used to run the Aquamist systems back in the day. Gadget at URD has played around with just about all of the setups.

They also uses to sell a throttle plate that would accept the water jet.

It can lower intake temps a good bit, but dont go to agressive on the tune and the dosing rate.

I would give Gadget a ring and get his opinion. He knows his stuff better than anyone I know when it comes to make that first gen S/C run like it was supposed too

I ran the supergrip pulley ( 9 lb) and the URD fuel kit on my 99 with TRD headers and a full exhaust and it make great power with no detonation. I never needed water/meth

Justin

13. Sep 20, 2012 at 6:14 AM
    shelshelly90

shelshelly90 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sheldon
    College Station, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma TRD SR5
    TRD supercharger, URD fuel mods, K&N Intake, throttle body spacer, flowmaster 40 series exhaust,
    The devils own kit doesn't come with a reservoir, but they have ants on their website that you can purchase. I have some pictures I will upload when I get on my laptop later today. But there is some pictures on their website of a Tacoma install of one of their kits. Here is the link.
    http://www.alcohol-injection.com/en/

14. Sep 20, 2012 at 8:03 AM
    StAndrew

StAndrew Wait for it...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4TRD
    I PM'ed Gadget about weather I should go with the fuel system upgrade or the 7th injector and his take was the 7th injector was prefered due to the fact that it has a similar effect as the water/methonal injection systems. It not only had an intercooling effect, but it helps seel the rotors for a bit better boost. Though my gut still says to get the fuel system upgrade :notsure:.

15. Sep 20, 2012 at 8:51 AM
    tacomaforlife

Member:
    First Name:
    Robbie
    AIKEN, SC
    Vehicle:
    What is the fuel system upgrade your talking about?

16. Sep 20, 2012 at 11:27 AM
    StAndrew

StAndrew Wait for it...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4TRD
  17. Sep 20, 2012 at 11:36 AM
    tacomaforlife

Member:
    First Name:
    Robbie
    AIKEN, SC
    Vehicle:
    o ok so basically the same thing ive already done bigger injectors,bigger fuel pump and a piggy back controller.

18. Sep 20, 2012 at 11:37 AM
    tacomaforlife

Member:
    First Name:
    Robbie
    AIKEN, SC
    Vehicle:
  19. Sep 20, 2012 at 11:58 AM
    StAndrew

StAndrew Wait for it...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4TRD
    I agree but URD recomends the 7th injector with stock injectors :notsure:. Apparently the fuel upgrade kit was only developed for the EGR trucks (7th injector uses the EGR port on the supercharger)

If you want more power, I would talk with URD and see about getting onboard with their Rotrex supercharger kit they are developing for the 5VZ.

20. Nov 19, 2013 at 1:34 AM
    lunch box

lunch box diesel mechanic

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2000 trd tacoma
    diff lock grey wire mod k&n77series cold air intake 2nd gen s/c water meth injection 7th injector urd 5100s lift all the way around add a leaf new excedy clutch and rear main seal scan guage 2 wet okole covers.bazooka tube.& some minor body stuff.TRD supercharger,URD 7th injector kit
    I run a 2nd gen supercharger and a snow performance stage 3 water methanol kit also have the trd 7th injector first I used the supercharger but suffered from pinging then added the 7th injector kit but had to bring back timing to get rid of ping which robbed allot of power with the snow kit I keep all my timing and still inject some fuel with the 7th kit it creates allot of power with no ping whatsoever, im still tuning the fuel trims and adjsuting methanol injection, if I had to do it again i wouldnt have used the 7th maybe the larger injectors work better, dont know for sure but I think it would have a smoother rpm torque range, but so far its working great.

Products Discussed in

To Top