1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

System in 99

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by bbernosky06, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Feb 7, 2009 at 10:27 PM
    bbernosky06

bbernosky06 [OP] Member

Member:
    Central FL
    Vehicle:
    1999 Tacoma SR5 4x4 TRD
    3" Body Lift Rancho Quick Lift Suspension
    Does anybody have a system they put into a 99 Taco?

How did it work out for the leg room in the back of an extended cab? Pics? Sound?

2. Feb 7, 2009 at 11:14 PM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    I have an 01 but same deal. I had it resting with the back seat flipped up and just used a bungee cord to hold it down.
    Just today I decided to make it a bit better, I just took the seat and seatbelt right out, and found a bolt near the back of where the seat was. got a bracket and secured the sub using that bolt so I didn't have to put any holes in the truck.
    my amp is then mounted under the drivers seat. wires are running under the center console. works great for me!

3. Feb 7, 2009 at 11:24 PM
    bbernosky06

bbernosky06 [OP] Member

Member:
    Central FL
    Vehicle:
    1999 Tacoma SR5 4x4 TRD
    3" Body Lift Rancho Quick Lift Suspension
    my bad on the description. I want to put a 10-12" sub in the back seat without loosing too much space. found one custom box for the truck. just seeing if there were any other opinions

4. Feb 7, 2009 at 11:34 PM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    I was thinking of making a box to sit between the back seats. I think it'll work. or a shallow mount box? let us know what you find

5. Feb 10, 2009 at 6:16 PM
    Jentry

Jentry Active Member

Member:
    Brigham City, UT
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma SR5
    K&N Air Filter, Airaid Throttle Body Spacer.
    In my 96 I have two 12" in a folded horn box and its about 30" wide and about 20" high and you can fit a small person in the back seat and i am about 6ft tall and it a little tight in the driver seat. but i can slid the box behind the passenger seat and have all the room i need to drive. mine sounds good its like a box in a box it will sound better with the windos down because it acts like a port. i will post pics. in a cupple days.

6. Feb 10, 2009 at 7:38 PM
    trailinTaco

trailinTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bel Air, MD
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4x4
    3 inch suspension lift, 33 inch bfgoodrich mud terrain tires, toytech diff drop, Procomp alloy wheels, hella fog lights, black projector headlights with 8000k HID's, blacked out tail lights, two 12 inch subs, 20% tint, pioneer head unit and speakers
    wow that sounds just like mine. i put mine on the back seat with a bunjie cord and the amp under the drivers seat and the rest of the wires bundled up under the center console. but my only fear is getting the amp wet cause one time i sunk the right side of the truck in water and it was filling up my passenger floor and luckily my amp is over the hump on the drivers side.

7. Feb 10, 2009 at 7:42 PM
    trailinTaco

trailinTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bel Air, MD
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4x4
    3 inch suspension lift, 33 inch bfgoodrich mud terrain tires, toytech diff drop, Procomp alloy wheels, hella fog lights, black projector headlights with 8000k HID's, blacked out tail lights, two 12 inch subs, 20% tint, pioneer head unit and speakers
    but anyway i fit two 12 inch subs. it makes it a 3 seater cus youll lose a back seat. it sounds great and the center console is a great routing path without anything showing.

8. Feb 10, 2009 at 8:04 PM
    Jentry

Jentry Active Member

Member:
    Brigham City, UT
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma SR5
    K&N Air Filter, Airaid Throttle Body Spacer.
    My amp is under the seat and my box is on the back seat and i just have the seat hold the box and my wires are just on the floor right behind the driver seat.

Products Discussed in

To Top