1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st Gen BHLM

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by dud122, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Feb 8, 2009 at 2:05 PM
    dud122

dud122 [OP] rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC
    OME up front, Dakar in the back, Elite front bumper, Warn winch, Tactical rear bumper with tire swing/jerry cans/hi lift, Revenge Fab. sliders, Tundra brakes, Camburg UCA's, Safari Snorkle, FJ TRD wheels, Lights, CB, Switches, skids, LED's... OH MY!
    Is there a write up on this?? Is it the same as the 2nd gen one where you put them in the oven?? can people post the write up that they used if they recommend someonelse trying it?

2. Feb 8, 2009 at 2:13 PM
    TacticalBacon13

TacticalBacon13 Sorry for party rockin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Dunk
    Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    2014 tundra platinum
    baby seat and a muffler
    check ebay bud they have already blacked out ones. if your the handy type im sure you can do it just like the 2nd gens

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Feb 8, 2009 at 2:17 PM
    pittim

pittim mittip backwards

Member:
    Pennsyltucky
    Vehicle:
    Boujee Prius
    It’sa Lexus, boogie woogie woogie
    every "painting" mod i've seen for headlights all include putting them in the oven.

The purpose of the oven is to soften up the silicon seal that keeps water out so that you can pull them apart. Paint them and put them back together.

you might want to look at the ebay lights just to see which parts to paint black and which to leave alone.

4. Feb 8, 2009 at 2:41 PM
    dud122

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC
    OME up front, Dakar in the back, Elite front bumper, Warn winch, Tactical rear bumper with tire swing/jerry cans/hi lift, Revenge Fab. sliders, Tundra brakes, Camburg UCA's, Safari Snorkle, FJ TRD wheels, Lights, CB, Switches, skids, LED's... OH MY!

thanks... i read over the 2nd gen BHLM and thought it seemed easy enough but i didn't know if there was anything different on the 1st gen. i think i'll try it soon but do what you said and check the ebay lights for pointers

5. Feb 8, 2009 at 2:43 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra

theres a lot different...as theres not as much "extra" chrome in the 1st gen headlights thats not part of the reflector

i would think that by painting much in the 1st gens that youre going to diminish light output by a good bit

6. Feb 8, 2009 at 2:52 PM
    dud122

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC
    i was thinking of something along these lines...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

with the amber piece taken out too... (it is a removable piece right?) when the amber piece is gone do you need an amber light bulb or is it ok to have a clear blinker?

also, does anyone recommend a good headlight cleaning prodect... mine are slightly fogged

7. Mar 16, 2009 at 10:09 AM
    Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Vincent
    Granada Hills
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner V6 2WD
    Exterior: Debadged, color matched White grill surround, Custom Mesh Grill,BHLM,Clear Corners,Tinted Tail lights Black/Clear/Black, Tinted 3rd Brake light 5%tint driver/passenger windows, Limo tint Rear and back windows Interior: Black Leather Door Panels Engine: Deckplate Mod Hayden Transmission Cooler Exhaust: DynoMax Muffler with 2.5 piping after cats Lighting: 6k Headlights,3k Fogs Wheels and Tires: MB Razors wrapped up in 265/70/16 BFGoodrich All Terrain KOs
    i've done the BHLM to my truck, it's fairly easy to do, all you need is a heat gun and some black paint that sticks well on plastic. took me about 2 hours to do including the wait time for drying after each coat.
    you should do it.. it made a difference in the exterior

[​IMG]

8. Sep 14, 2012 at 6:12 PM
    04Tacomabuild

04Tacomabuild Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Reese
    Kenora, ON, Canada
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma TRD SR5 3.4l V6
    Toytec/Billistein coilovers, allpro leafs, OME greasable shackles, allpro ubolt flip kit, Billistein 5100's in rear.
    Thanks for showing this man I just finished Doing this to mine a while ago and it turned out really nice! Granted my front lenses aren't in the best shape from me being 16 and tinting them -_- but still looks nice!

Products Discussed in

To Top