1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A little help with my fluids

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by greenguy, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Feb 24, 2009 at 3:09 PM
    greenguy

greenguy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    west chester
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Crew Cab
    did a bunch of searching but just want to make sure. I am going to change out my Manual Tranny fluid, the Rear/Front Diff, and transfer case fluid. I was going to use Mobil 1 75-90 gear oil for it all. Sound OK? Anything else need to be added? its an 04 TRD

2. Feb 24, 2009 at 4:41 PM
    devilsalmostfree

devilsalmostfree Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carl
    Loudon, Tn
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma 4X4, 5 spd, 2.7 ltr
    Deck plate mod, intake silencer removed, AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter, debadged, Goodyear Duratracs 265/75R16. Flowmaster knock-off muffler!
    sounds good to me, im prolly going to do the same this spring/summer to mine too! let us know how it goes!

3. Feb 24, 2009 at 4:51 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    i'd get a second opinion on using the same all around. my mechanic (At work) said to use different in the front and rear. Not an expert though so wait for one of them to chime in

4. Feb 24, 2009 at 5:10 PM
    Marazzito

Marazzito Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dublin, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Exhaust, AFE Cold Air Intake, URD Short Shifter, OME 886 HD Lift OME Rear Springs With XL... TRD Supercharger Coming Soon.
    For the Transmission use Redline MT90... It is probably the single best thing I did to my truck. Shifts are 10 times smother, especially between 1st and 2nd. Redline uses a special friction modifier for the Syncro's and let me tell you, it works. MT90 is a little more expensive than most, but the extra 10 bucks you spend will be worth it. MT90 works so good in the transmission Redline will actually turn you away from even their own 75w90 gear oil in newer transmissions.

http://www.redlineoil.com/products_gearlubricants.asp?productID=46&subCategoryID=17&categoryID=7

For your diff's any good quality 75w90 should be fine. I use Redline all around mainly because I was so impressed with the MT90 in my tranny.

Products Discussed in

To Top