1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

aftermarket mods

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 98yota, May 11, 2009.

1. May 11, 2009 at 10:53 PM
    98yota

98yota [OP] Mean Green Machine

Member:
    Marion, VA
    Vehicle:
    4WD Timberland Mica taco
    CAI, gutted cat, bed cover.
    Hey guys, i just wanted to make this thread to talk about some aftermarket mods that I've already done, see your opinions on them (good or bad), and see what mods you all have done to your trucks!

First off, i bought a CAI from one of my buddies for 50 bucks (piping was perfect and so was the filter). i installed it along with a few home techniques of my own to get it going. i didnt really notice a much of a power difference, but gave a deep, throaty sound which sounded awesome btw :D.

Next, i was still looking for a cheap mod to do (was low on funds.) so i decided to gut the cat. after completely hollowing it out, i took it for a test drive and WOW! did it wake this little 3rz up! yeah, i know all about emissions, but it's too much fun haha. the rear o2 sensor still hasnt went bad and i did this over a year and a half ago. i chose to hollow it out instead of using a test pipe so a state inspector couldnt tell the difference from the outside ;).

other mods include bed cover (supposed to improve MPG), and a doug thorley stainless steel header (on the way)

future mods include the flex-a-lite electric fans, LSD (my right tire always wears quicker than the rear left, so i think this would be an appropriate mod) any suggestions with that would help btw, and a 90mm turbo setup running 40 lbs of boost hitting low 8's!

kidding on the last one haha, but post up what mods you guys have already done! im curious to know, and if anyone has doug thorley header(s), i wanna know your opinions on them. hopefully some pics will be posted when i get the chance! :D

2. May 12, 2009 at 10:21 AM
    Bre2tSco2t

Bre2tSco2t Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Bedrug, Access Limited Tonneau, Tailgate Clamp, Manual Pop&Lock Keyed and Painted to Match, Westin 3" Nerf Bars, 20" Chrome Wheels.
    What is LSD or this wearing problem? Could you give me more info or something else to search on? I am unaware of this issue. By your statement, it sounds like it may be common to others.

Thanks,

3. May 12, 2009 at 5:10 PM
    98yota

98yota [OP] Mean Green Machine

Member:
    Marion, VA
    Vehicle:
    4WD Timberland Mica taco
    CAI, gutted cat, bed cover.
    LSD stands for Limited Slip Differential. On my truck, when you give it a little gas, or its rainy and you are on a hill, my right tire spins, but not the left one. this causes the right rear tire to wear out quicker than the left considering most of the power is transferred to that side. i would like to fix that by swapping out differentials.

4. May 13, 2009 at 5:47 AM
    Bre2tSco2t

Bre2tSco2t Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Bedrug, Access Limited Tonneau, Tailgate Clamp, Manual Pop&Lock Keyed and Painted to Match, Westin 3" Nerf Bars, 20" Chrome Wheels.

Oh, I see, said the blind man to his deaf son. I am pretty good at figuring out Vanity Tags, and txt msgs, but was struglling with the LSD. I knew there were no drugs in my truck. :eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top