Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   1st Gen. Tacomas (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st-gen-tacomas/)
-   -   Who has a Step Side Tacoma???? (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st-gen-tacomas/69424-who-has-step-side-tacoma.html)

Kuneff 01-12-2010 07:06 AM

Who has a Step Side Tacoma????
 
I used to have one, and I miss it all the time. I had the TRD Super charger on it, DD touch screen DVD player, and I loved it. I ended up trading it off for my first Infiniti G35 coupe. I wish I still had it. Also, I never realized how few Tacoma's have the painted bumpers, grill and flares until I got rid of it.

So who has a Step Side??? Post up some pics!!!


http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...a/IMG_0129.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...a/IMG_0130.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...a/IMG_0126.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...a/IMG_0127.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...a/IMG_0128.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...a/IMG_0131.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...a/IMG_0132.jpg

Janster 01-12-2010 07:10 AM

Never had one, but they look pretty good in a stepside variety.

Those Tundra stepsides are god-aweful ugly!!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...a-StepSide.jpg

Kuneff 01-12-2010 07:15 AM

oh my GOD!!! I think I just found my old Tacoma... That IS my old truck... the cut in the timing belt cover for the TRD supercharger... the bed cover that I had to special order.... and low and behold... the cigarette burn I put on the driver door panel when I went to open the door with a lit cig in my hand...



http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...#ht_500wt_1113

Kuneff 01-12-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimig (Post 1309889)
Here's my 2.7 5 speed. Had it since October of '02 fresh off the lot.

If you ever go to sell it... look me up. :D

MowTaco 01-12-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuneff (Post 1309184)
oh my GOD!!! I think I just found my old Tacoma... That IS my old truck... the cut in the timing belt cover for the TRD supercharger... the bed cover that I had to special order.... and low and behold... the cigarette burn I put on the driver door panel when I went to open the door with a lit cig in my hand...



http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...#ht_500wt_1113

That's always cool. I saw one of our old Suburbans in a parking lot once.

numic 02-12-2010 02:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/att...2&d=1266013109
Reg cab...silver...for now.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/att...1&d=1266013109

RockyTacoma 02-13-2010 11:36 AM

i have 02 TRD stepside,,i named it black knight

ToyComa84 12-01-2012 09:13 PM

I do. Don't have any pics at the moment. maybe i can post some up tomorrow

ToyComa84 12-01-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuneff (Post 1309160)
I used to have one, and I miss it all the time. I had the TRD Super charger on it, DD touch screen DVD player, and I loved it. I ended up trading it off for my first Infiniti G35 coupe. I wish I still had it. Also, I never realized how few Tacoma's have the painted bumpers, grill and flares until I got rid of it.

So who has a Step Side??? Post up some pics!!!


http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...a/IMG_0129.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...a/IMG_0130.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...a/IMG_0126.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...a/IMG_0127.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...a/IMG_0128.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...a/IMG_0131.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...a/IMG_0132.jpg


Nice! red, although it's dark red, manual trans with v6, AND 4x4?! SCORE! FTW

ak47dennis 12-02-2012 06:17 AM

I like the step side look, I have yet to see the taco version in person. Are these beds metal?

Large 12-02-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janster (Post 1309170)
Never had one, but they look pretty good in a stepside variety.

Those Tundra stepsides are god-aweful ugly!!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...a-StepSide.jpg

Makes me wonder what Toyota was smoking when they made those.

hkdontoyotas 12-02-2012 08:08 PM

The Tacoma stepside model is cool looking in my opinion. I wish they were still available.

FishinTaco 12-03-2012 06:46 AM

3 Attachment(s)
My 02' TRD was born a stepside, but I've done the swap. I've got the bed for sale if anybody wants it! (But you'd have to come up to Sudbury Ontario to get it...lol).

Here are some picks, before after, love the look of the stepside on taco's, but needed the room and canopy/roof racks for it.

Attachment 182911

Attachment 182912

Attachment 182913

TIPICOTACO 12-03-2012 07:01 AM

Turtle Man does! lol

FishinTaco 12-03-2012 08:53 AM

Here's one for sale.... Pretty sweet looking, Red, reg cab stepside.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Toyota/Ta...howcpo=ShowCPO

Dennis, the beds are metal.

vantaco 12-03-2012 05:49 PM

i've got an 02 siver stepside

fishin, how hard was the swap? what all did you need? bed, bumper, and i've heard you need the gas tank neck?

ak47dennis 12-03-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishinTaco (Post 6077523)
My 02' TRD was born a stepside, but I've done the swap. I've got the bed for sale if anybody wants it! (But you'd have to come up to Sudbury Ontario to get it...lol).

Here are some picks, before after, love the look of the stepside on taco's, but needed the room and canopy/roof racks for it.

Attachment 182911

Attachment 182912

Attachment 182913

Both look good, ever notice at a quick glance they look like a ranger. :p

FishinTaco 12-05-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ak47dennis (Post 6080605)
Both look good, ever notice at a quick glance they look like a ranger. :p

Had a good laugh...thanks I needed it this am, lol.

FishinTaco 12-05-2012 08:59 AM

Hey Vantaco, same vantaco chatting about frame issues? If you end up getting a frame swap this is real easy for you. When you bring your truck in for a new frame (if this happens) just bring along a new box. They have to take it off anyway, so them swapping it is not a big deal. Someone here on TW did this.

Not trying to highjack, so I'll throw up a new thread about the box swap. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...tside-bed.html

Still think the Taco is the best looking stepside around though, man those tundra's are horrible looking...damn!

DC

vantaco 12-05-2012 06:19 PM

saw the link, great write up


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:44 PM.