1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Auto tranny Fluid Recomendations? 96 6cyl 4wd

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by infin, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Jan 12, 2010 at 4:06 PM
    infin

infin [OP] Member

Member:
    What is reccomended to put into the auto tranny for a 96 6cyl 4wd? Also how many Quarts are needed?

2. Jan 12, 2010 at 6:18 PM
    Beau02

Beau02 Black Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Beau
    Indianapolis, IN
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 Limited TRD V6 Auto (234k+, 1-owner)
    Lots of small stuff; Grillcraft MX, Bilstein 5100's, Deck Plate Mod w/ AFE air filter, Airaid MIT, braided SS brake lines, Redline Tuning QuickLIFT hood struts, Extang Full-Tilt tonneau cover, fog light mod, gray wire mod, power outlets on-demand, Diff breather ext, additional contours to passenger side from oak tree.
    1995.5-2004 Fluid Capacity Charts

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Automatic Transmission Fluid[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]2.4L: Drained[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Up to 2.5Qts.(2.4L)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]3.4L (2wd): Drained[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Up to 1.7Qts. (1.6L)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]4WD models: Drained[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Up to 2.1Qts. (2.0L)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Fluid type: 2rz - Toyota Genuine ATF D-II or DEXRON III(DEXRON II)
    3rz and 5vz - Toyota Genuine ATF Type T-IV
    [/FONT]

3. Jan 12, 2010 at 6:22 PM
    Beau02

Beau02 Black Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Beau
    Indianapolis, IN
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 Limited TRD V6 Auto (234k+, 1-owner)
    Lots of small stuff; Grillcraft MX, Bilstein 5100's, Deck Plate Mod w/ AFE air filter, Airaid MIT, braided SS brake lines, Redline Tuning QuickLIFT hood struts, Extang Full-Tilt tonneau cover, fog light mod, gray wire mod, power outlets on-demand, Diff breather ext, additional contours to passenger side from oak tree.
    On a side note, when I replaced mine it was after the truck sat for a full weekend having had all four shocks replaced and some other work done. I don't know if it was from sitting for so long, or the corner jacking from the shock work, but when I finally drained the ATF I got a full 4 quarts out! I hadn't anticipated that due to the owner's manual (matched with what I posted above), so I had to make a run to the store for more fluid...

Products Discussed in

To Top