1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Aftermarket wheel setup. . .advice needed

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by dw77x, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Jul 27, 2010 at 7:21 PM
    dw77x

dw77x [OP] Those are not my pants

Member:
    SE Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma Sport LB
    5100's all 4 corners (front at 2.5"), rear tsb springs with 1.5" AAL, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's
    I am seriously considering getting some new wheels. I currently have my oe wheels shaker canned black (they turned out quite well). However, the truck has a small lift, 3" and a fiberglass cap so it just looks tall and skinny to me. I would like the truck to have a slightly wider stance. I want to stay with black and I really like the Motometal Series M0957 (link at bottom of post).

Here are my concerns. . .

-Is a 9" wide rim too wide for my 265-70-17 General Grabbers?
    -Is the backspacing and offset going to look "good"? I don't want coffee cans sticking out, just a wider than stock look
    -I see they are not hub centric, will that be an issue especially on a truck?
    -Does the price seem right, seems fair to me especially with the free ups shipping.
    -Can I swap the tmps sensors over to these rims?

Thanks for your help!!

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/M...t_pt=100100&t_pl=10054&t_pn=W/PMO95779068712N

2. Jul 28, 2010 at 8:22 AM
    BlackIce

BlackIce FNG

Member:
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5
    Grillcraft grill, blacked out chrome grill surround, debadged, xd hoss wheels, more to come
    Hey, hopefully I can help you out a little bit.

-Is a 9" wide rim too wide for my 265-70-17 General Grabbers?
    No.

-Is the backspacing and offset going to look "good"? I don't want coffee cans sticking out, just a wider than stock look
    What looks good to me, may not look good to you. They will stick out past the fender, however you won't look like an old school lowrider.

-I see they are not hub centric, will that be an issue especially on a truck?
    It is ideal for a wheel to be hubcentric, but it is possible to get a good ride out of them if they are put on and balanced correctly.

-Does the price seem right, seems fair to me especially with the free ups shipping.
    Seems about right to me.

-Can I swap the tmps sensors over to these rims?
    If you have alloy wheels you can swap the tpms sensors over. If you have steel wheels you can not.

Hope this helps a little.

Products Discussed in

To Top