1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lockable rear storage box's

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by longbow, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Oct 10, 2008 at 1:43 PM
    longbow

longbow [OP] I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    This has been hit around before, and since I got the MOD bug, went ahead and gave it a shot.
    Here what you need..Craftsman tool box lock, hack saw and blade, drill, 7/32 bit, files and about 45 min of your time.
    First off remove lid and cut the areas shown, you may need to make the hole a little larger.
    [​IMG]

2. Oct 10, 2008 at 1:44 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Cut the lock to fit, notice small piece in upper left, there is also a small spur I removed file to get rid of burs.
    [​IMG]

3. Oct 10, 2008 at 1:45 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    do a test fit on lid, since you are not going to see the back, do what you wish.
    [​IMG]

4. Oct 10, 2008 at 1:46 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    front came out VERY clean.
    [​IMG]

5. Oct 10, 2008 at 1:47 PM
    tacoskim

tacoskim Tuned By Gadget

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Stock
    very nice write up. i now plan on doing this

6. Oct 10, 2008 at 1:48 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    good right up man. I need to do this to mine. thats where I keep my tow chains

7. Oct 10, 2008 at 1:49 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Now you need to remove the main box area, which is tork size? After testing the lid with lock on I noticed about I was off about 1/4 in. Take your drill and put a number of holes running the length of the other slot.
    Use the hack saw blade to open these holes and make the channel. Then finish up with files. Since this is not seen, do what you wish.
    [​IMG]

8. Oct 10, 2008 at 1:50 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Nice write came out good

9. Oct 10, 2008 at 1:51 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    That is IT!! you are done except for clean up. I am going to look into some sort of rubber plug for the inside. And the keys are pretty nice, not that file cabinet look. They have rubber around them. The ONLY bad part is now I need to replace the one on my tool box.
    [​IMG]

10. Oct 10, 2008 at 1:53 PM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    nice. How much were the locks?

11. Oct 10, 2008 at 1:57 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    HA don't know, I took this one off my box. I know a guy who works at the tool dept at sears. I will get with him Sunday and see what they run and if I can get more.
    I need to replace one, plus I may lock the other side, if I can get the keeys to match.

Products Discussed in

To Top