1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good trails in East SD

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Gabex35, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Aug 3, 2010 at 6:34 PM
    Gabex35

Gabex35 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Limited 4x4 Crewmax
    Hey guys,

This is my first post on this site and i was wondering if there were any good trails in the south San Diego county area? I have a 2010 V6 4x4 and wanted to introduce her to nature. Any info would be great

2. Aug 3, 2010 at 7:34 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Welcome to TW, Not real sure whats left open legally in the southern regions, I think theres a couple roads that the prerunners use, I would've suggested Proctor Valley region but I guess SD Sheriff's Dept. is really cracking down on the "trespassing" & trashing up of the place (not necessarily offroaders doing it). Are you new to San Diego ? Someone here will probably host a trail run thread soon, I haven't hosted one yet, but wouldn't really matter anyway, seems like I always get pushed to the front taking lead. At first I thought it was because I was a good wheeler, but in retrospect I now realize that just like the rancher in South America that has to pick one of the old & sickly bulls & send them in to the water first only to be eaten by phiranas so the young & strong safely get across the river...:D:D:D

But seriously what kind of wheeling do you prefer ? We usually end up in Corral Canyon which is fine, lots of trails & skill levels, plus soon it'll be Desert season (for us pussies that can;t handle the heat) Ocotillo is going to be great too !!!...
    ........................:mudding:

una palm.jpg
    DSC_2441.jpg

3. Aug 3, 2010 at 7:49 PM
    Gabex35

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    To be totally honest, this is the first off road vehicle i've owned and i don't really know what kind of off-roading i'd prefer. I'm pretty much up for anything as long as it doesn't damage my new truck.
    I drove some short trails around Otay Lake over the weekend that really got me interested in finding some trails that would occasionally require 4 wheel drive. I will definitely keep an eye out for upcoming threads.
    thanks for the info

4. Aug 3, 2010 at 11:32 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    No worries Gabe, alot of the runs we have here are Prerunner friendly even but still challenging & we haven't lost anyone yet, hell sometimes we come back with more people than we came with !!:D

I remember my first 4x, just drove around looking for shit to climb....:eek: :D

Web 11511.jpg

5. Aug 4, 2010 at 8:34 PM
    Gabex35

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    So are the trail run threads seasonal? Kind of like dirtbiking?

6. Aug 5, 2010 at 12:43 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    No, Here in San Diego (or SoCal in general) doesn't have a "season" really, you can offroad,take your bikes out etc; all year round, & seems like activity for trail runs on this forum slows down a little because of vacations other events not Tacoma World related ,you know people are just busy doing other shit I guess. I'm not doing any trails right now til I re-tire my truck & a couple other small issues.. But if you don't mind the drive the L.A. & I.E. guys are a good bunch & have some runs coming up I think, SD threads are a little quiet right now....:cool:

7. Aug 5, 2010 at 12:52 PM
    619Tacoma

619Tacoma Baja bound

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5, Sport, 4dr
    - Billstein 5100's all around with OME 885 coil springs. - K&N Air Filter - HID Headlights & Fogs - Kenwood Stereo & Infinity Speakers - CB Radio, - Fog On Anytime mod - Anti Tailgate theft mod. More comming...
    Otay mountain truck trail is easy but still fun to do once in a while. Nice view when you get to the top of the mountain. And if you keep going, you come out somewhere out by the otay lakes i think... I can't remember right now.

8. Aug 5, 2010 at 1:37 PM
    Gabex35

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    San Diego
    Vehicle:

Where does this trail begin?

Products Discussed in

To Top