1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to AVOID the recall work?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SCFirefighter, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Aug 23, 2010 at 2:21 AM
    uood8

uood8 If You Search...You Shall Find.

Member:
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Sr5 4x4 DCSB
    Pretty much stock
    That is a pretty significant difference. I'll Pass.

Looks like with it being shorter it is more likely to get stuck under the top of your WT's.

2. Aug 23, 2010 at 2:29 AM
    Deuxdiesel

Deuxdiesel Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE MI
    Vehicle:
    '12 Silver Streak stocker
    When mine went in for the spring TSB, they told me that it was going to have the pedal recall done, making it sound like it was some sort of bonus. I told them not to, and put a big piece of white duct tape on the pedal that said DO NOT CUT THIS PEDAL. If they come up with a better looking fix, I might consider it.

3. Aug 23, 2010 at 10:28 AM
    cinch

cinch Member Extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    Boulder Creek Ca
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner double cab
    I don't know what the big deal is about the pedal. Some of you guys make it sound like your girlfriend/wife is going to have a sex change operation. If you didn't know it was done you wouldn't know the difference.

Besides the ECU reflash that goes with it is well worth it because it takes care of the low speed shifting problem.

DSCN0170.jpg

4. Aug 23, 2010 at 10:50 AM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod

Pretty harsh words .... if the dude said he didn't notice it ... well, he didn't notice it.

That is like me sayng..."I think you're a dufus."

You reply, "You can't think that."

I say, "How do you know what I can or cannot think." :D

5. Aug 23, 2010 at 10:51 AM
    jpmorrisvb

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    Well, you bought your vehicle from a dealership .... you must trust them somewhat.

6. Aug 23, 2010 at 10:53 AM
    jpmorrisvb

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    So, why not have the recalls done? No $$ out of your pocket.

You trust the engineers enough to design and manufacture the vehicle, why not trust them when there is a recall?

Just curious.

7. Aug 23, 2010 at 10:58 AM
    Fabulous

Fabulous Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fabian
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma double-cab TRD Sport
    TRD Pro grill and fog lights, Toytec Boss lift, 265/70-17 Duratracs on 17 x 8.5 FN Verge wheels, LEER canopy, 30% tinted front windows.
    I had mine done about three weeks ago, and I can't notice a difference while driving the truck at all. Don't see what the big deal is?!

8. Aug 23, 2010 at 10:59 AM
    TacoVerde

TacoVerde Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    URD short shifter, OBX racing pedals and titanium/carbon fiber shift knob, Rear speaker mod, Taco bed mat, Bed extender, taco door sill protectors, Black TRD floormats, AFE stage 2 CAI, Doug Thorley Header and Catback, Glassworks Unlimited front fenders/bedsides, Engage front LT kit,2.5x8 King co's with resi's, dj straps
    I like that duct tape idea i might have to do that when i take my truck in for its 20k service...not to mention my pedal is an aftermarket race pedal TOYOTA put on for me when i orderede it, so i'd have some half assed looking pedal?? or would they put a plastic one back in there?

9. Aug 23, 2010 at 11:04 AM
    jpmorrisvb

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    When I had an operation to repair a fractured RIGHT heel I wrote on the LEFT one ..... "Do not cut here" in magic marker ...... appartently there were a few chuckles in the OR. :eek:

10. Aug 23, 2010 at 11:13 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    -Fuck cuttin the pedal, it wasn't an issue...
    -Fuck takin the mats, they weren't an issue...
    -Fuck fuckin around givin the stupid ecu some more shit to do that it already can't handle....
    -Fuck a brake override or gas pedal override, I have a clutch....
    -Fuck them extorting you into doing the work by threatening any other kind of shit.
    -Fuck doing shit to my ride whether it's free, recall, more expensive, etc etc UNLESS I SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZE IT.
    -It is my ride, not Toyota's, not a bank's, not anyone else's...MY DECISION.

That being said, I will gladly sign a waiver releasing them from liability from this imaginary bullshit and then they can fuck off. :D

Of course everyone will have to make their own decision about their ride but not having Toyota make it for me. I can see maaaaaybe if I had an automatic 6 cyl that actually could have sudden acceleration that would be startling and uncontrollable for some but I don't so y'all have fun widdit.

Oh, to answer the OP question of how to avoid the work being done...........don't go to the dealer would be top's on my list. Next would be don't touch a damn thing I haven't told you to.

11. Aug 23, 2010 at 11:16 AM
    jpmorrisvb

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    ^^^^^ Someone struck a nerve ^^^^

12. Aug 23, 2010 at 11:17 AM
    1bad10tacoma

1bad10tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Brewer Maine
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCLB Sport
    tonneau,tailgate lock, OEM cruise, Int. wiper, , mud flap mod,weatertech's,fj rims
    Wow!! i thought my peddle was allready cut off!!! I am taking it in weds for the leaf spring TSB,I hope i can get around being cut!!

13. Aug 23, 2010 at 11:17 AM
    BlueT

BlueT Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    Maybe because that recall does not fix the issue, instead makes things less likely to happen. However, if issue is what I think it is, none of this things are going to help you. :rolleyes:

14. Aug 23, 2010 at 11:17 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Nah, just don't like shit snuck in no matter who benefits. We talks about it up front or it doesn't happen.

15. Aug 23, 2010 at 11:21 AM
    jpmorrisvb

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:

:bowdown:

16. Aug 23, 2010 at 12:44 PM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's
    That is fucking great! :thumbsup:

17. Aug 23, 2010 at 12:47 PM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    i took mine in last week and they didnt do it.. neither did they ask me if i wanted it done. but what they did do (which i specifically told them not to do) was fucking put my truck thru there auto car wash and strip the damn wax off of it when i just washed it hours earlier. fuck those guys haha. now i have to clay and wax again. :( oh well

18. Aug 23, 2010 at 5:24 PM
    spp

spp OC, Kalifornia

Member:
    OC California
    Only if you let them do the recall. Our Camry SE-V6 is a lot of fun to drive with 268 Hp and 6 speed trans.
    Wish my 2010 Pre-Runner TRD Sport V-6 had that much power.

19. Aug 23, 2010 at 5:46 PM
    TRDKenE

TRDKenE DAMN GOOD DEAL!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Richmond, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '10 D-CAB OFF-ROAD 4X4
    TRD CAI, GrillCraft.
    I don't see what the deal is....its a fucking pedal you put your dirty ass foot on whenever your in the truck.

20. Aug 23, 2010 at 8:32 PM
    uood8

uood8 If You Search...You Shall Find.

Member:
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Sr5 4x4 DCSB
    Pretty much stock
    Well i took my truck in today to get the steering tsb fixed, and my damn squeeky clutch pedal looked at, Fast forward about an hour.

Here comes my service advisor "the tech said there was a recall so he went ahead and did it", i looked at him and said he better not have cut my damn pedal.

I now have a 2011 full size pedal in my truck, who knows what they did with my shaved one.

So watch out even if the service advisor knows you don't want the recall done, check your trucks, the techs are recall happy.

Products Discussed in

To Top