1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wish me luck

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MATOAKA, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Aug 28, 2010 at 4:25 AM
    MATOAKA

MATOAKA [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Takomus
    Norfolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    trd cold air intake, trd cat back exhaust, austin tube running board, truxedo tonneau cover, toyota xm radio, vip security system, weather tech floor mats, weather tech side window deflectors, e-z down tailgate strut, redline tuning hood strut, shortie antenna, billies 5100s, u-haul tow receiver, patial debadge, sockmonkey VA trd sport bed sticker,
    It started at a stop sign, after stepping on the brake I felt a slight push like I got rear ended followed by a slight hesitation like the tranny is lost for gear when accelerating. At first, I didn't think anything serious I've read similar events happening to a lot of people here on this site... axle wrap, A/C compressor kicking in, gas tank slushing, etc... But it started happening more often, so I took it to my dealer. I asked to talk to a mechanic, (that maybe my first mistake) he said its common on Tacomas and even worst on Tundras. I guess he is trying to tell me don't get my hopes up.

Dealer called they found the problem;
    6 08/14/2010 TYPE T OIL SEAL EXT HOUSING R&R
    TYPE T OIL SEAL EXT HOUSING R&R ~|~C/S WHILE STOPPING FEELS A SLIGHT TUG AT THE END OF STOPPING ~|~. ~|~10570 EXTENSION HOUSING SEAL ROAD TESTED FOUND UNDER HEAVY BRAKING THEN RAPID ACCELLERATION TRANSMISSION WOULD SLIP, DURING INSPECTION FOUND EXTENSION HOUSING SEAL LEAKING AND FLUID LEVEL LOW. REPLACED SEAL AND SERVICED TRANSMISSION IAW THE REPAIR MANUAL

Parts

Name
    Qty
    SEAL, TYPE T OIL
    W/STANDARD ATF

WARRANTY PAY

Today I am taking it back! I continue to have tranmission oil leak under the truck and also on my driveway. I checked underneath and the transmision fluid is eating away my rust proofing. They fail to tell me its corrosive. I am elevating this to the service manager. I hope I dont get a run around this morning. They have treated me well so far, so everbody wish me luck.

2. Aug 28, 2010 at 4:49 AM
    MATOAKA

Member:
    First Name:
    Takomus
    Norfolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    trd cold air intake, trd cat back exhaust, austin tube running board, truxedo tonneau cover, toyota xm radio, vip security system, weather tech floor mats, weather tech side window deflectors, e-z down tailgate strut, redline tuning hood strut, shortie antenna, billies 5100s, u-haul tow receiver, patial debadge, sockmonkey VA trd sport bed sticker,
    0745 8/28/10 - I just spoke with the service manager his name Paul, diplomatically explain why I am taking it back...he said bring it in we'll take care of it thats why we are her for. Promising so far.

3. Aug 28, 2010 at 4:51 AM
    MATOAKA

Member:
    First Name:
    Takomus
    Norfolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    Why can't I upload pictures? the error security missing token:confused: I have pictures of the underside that I took last night.

4. Aug 28, 2010 at 5:53 AM
    AndrewFalk

AndrewFalk Science!

Member:
    The North East
    Vehicle:
    2010 5 speed 5 lug
    :)
    Upload the pictures to imageshack.com or some other similar image hosting website. They will give you an [​IMG]

5. Aug 28, 2010 at 7:15 AM
    chaztoyo

chaztoyo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chaz
    West TN
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma DCSB TRD Sport White
    Good luck at the dealer, and definitely let us know what happens.

6. Aug 28, 2010 at 7:29 AM
    Asgard

Asgard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner DC SR5 w/LSD
    I changed my seal but still have the clunk, there's a tsb for the leaking seal. No one told me the seal had anything to do with the clunk.

7. Aug 28, 2010 at 10:47 AM
    MATOAKA

Member:
    First Name:
    Takomus
    Norfolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    [​IMG]

1339 8/28/10 Have been at the dealer. Spoke with the service manager, had the truck on the lift, pointed the leak, tranny oil leak, and were its eating up my undercoating. No questions ask, told the mechanic to order the yoke and maybe the driveshaft. Clean the spill and respray with undercoat. Parts will not be here until Tues next week so they'll keep the truck probably the whole week. They gave me a loaner and said we'll make this right.

Wait and see...

8. Aug 28, 2010 at 10:50 AM
    MATOAKA

Member:
    First Name:
    Takomus
    Norfolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    [​IMG]

Here what my underside looks...I scraped that with my finger.

9. Aug 28, 2010 at 10:56 AM
    MATOAKA

Member:
    First Name:
    Takomus
    Norfolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    I only have 10,800 miles. Isn't this too early to develop this type of problem? Did I get a Lemon? Hope not, I would hate to go through arbitration.

I hope this is not going to be another Chevy S10. That was my last truck...nightmare is all I can say.

10. Aug 28, 2010 at 10:59 AM
    MATOAKA

Member:
    First Name:
    Takomus
    Norfolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner

11. Aug 28, 2010 at 11:52 AM
    Tojo

Tojo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado/Arizona
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Mobil 1 0-20W, Tacoma bed mat, tailgate anti-theft, oil filter drain hose, back seat headrest removal, a/c back seat platform, rear spring tsb, Tek.Prodigy P2 electric brake cntrl, Toyota Bed Extender
    just checked under my 2010 and looks like they made a drive shaft/yoke change from the 09's to the 10's. you may want to inquire if your 09 can be updated to the new design?? maybe that's what the service mgr was talking about in regards to a new drive shaft, and could be the tsb mentioned above takes care of this...good luck

12. Aug 28, 2010 at 2:19 PM
    AndrewFalk

AndrewFalk Science!

Member:
    The North East
    Vehicle:
    2010 5 speed 5 lug
    :)
    No problem. Good luck getting this sorted out.

13. Aug 28, 2010 at 3:21 PM
    MATOAKA

Member:
    First Name:
    Takomus
    Norfolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    Does anybody have information about this TSB?

14. Aug 28, 2010 at 3:22 PM
    MATOAKA

Member:
    First Name:
    Takomus
    Norfolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    Dealer mum on this TSB... hmmmmm?

Products Discussed in

To Top