1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Heads Up

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by blackonwhite, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Sep 3, 2010 at 3:03 PM
    blackonwhite

blackonwhite [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 white tacoma black 17' ssr wheels
    I was cleaning my truck a lil bit ago and I was wiping out the door jams and I noticed what looked like a hair. Upon closer examination I realized this was no hair at all. The dam paint on the first lip of the door jam is cracked all to hell. It was about to fall off and looked like shit so I picked it off and it ended up being like an inch long and about an 1/8 inch wide... now the primer is just there.... no rust or anything behind it.. just cracked paint. So I was pretty pissed already, but hell I might as well check the other side... surely it isnt doing it I figured. So I walk around to the other side, open the door, and WTF! Exact same spot doing the exact same thing, but it wasnt as bad. These were not chips either, they were definitly spots where the paint was just cracking off. I keep my truck spotless as hell and wax it at least twice a month and still this shit. Just figured Id share maybe those who have 2nd gens can keep an eye on it and catch it under warranty or something. In the pic it is the lip closest to the arrow
    [​IMG]

2. Sep 3, 2010 at 3:06 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    do you have any better pics?

3. Sep 3, 2010 at 3:09 PM
    blackonwhite

blackonwhite [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 white tacoma black 17' ssr wheels
    I dont have a digital camera right now.. that pic isnt of the truck right now just one I had on here. I will try to get one up of the actual peeling by tonight though

Products Discussed in

To Top