1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pioneer AVIC-X920BT (and Adapters) Install Drawing

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by wizzard, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Sep 6, 2010 at 3:16 PM
    wizzard

wizzard [OP] That was now...this is then

Member:
    Just south of the middle of nowhere, MS
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road BBP Access Cab
    For those of you looking to install a Pioneer X920BT with harness and SWI adapters, the below drawing might help. I put it together for my install (just completed) and it worked well.

Also below is a pic of the finished product. I'll have more pics available and if I get the time, a write up of the install.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sep 6, 2010 at 4:55 PM
    cstorer

cstorer Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Edmonds WA
    Vehicle:
    05 Double cab TRD off-road
    How did you get your screen to fit so nicely in the dash kit? I have the metra dash kit and it's not even close using the stock metal harness. The angle of the screen seems off in relation to the dash kit, and it's kinda set back.

3. Sep 6, 2010 at 4:59 PM
    HeadTaco

HeadTaco PIMP

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    16 Tacoma TRD Sport Crew Cab
    20" 4Runner Wheels
    /\ /\ same question i had. Just instaleed the pioneer 3200dvd and it does not line up well in the metra kit.

4. Sep 6, 2010 at 5:28 PM
    Bozack

Bozack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rube
    Dirty South
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC
  5. Sep 6, 2010 at 5:40 PM
    wizzard

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I used the Scosche kit but did not use thier plastic mountings. I used the OEM metal mountings though only three of four bolts lined up. Except for the HU trim piece that doesn't want to seat any further, the dash kit is a good fit - albeit not a color match (matches buttons rather than vent trim). Also made sure to transfer the yellow mounting clips from the OEM dash kit.

6. Oct 4, 2010 at 11:55 AM
    wizzard

Member:
    Vehicle:
    bump for a friend

7. Oct 4, 2010 at 12:03 PM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    Excellent diagram and certainly a great post. +rep

8. Oct 4, 2010 at 1:31 PM
    Bama_TACO

Bama_TACO ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

Member:
    Winfield, AL
    Vehicle:
    2006 PreRunner Double Cab TRD SPORT
    Nice diagram. I just did this same install myself and I used the Scosche kit and the factory metal brackets. Mine fits just like yours. I got my flip down monitor to mount on the ceiling last week but haven't installed it yet.

9. Oct 4, 2010 at 2:06 PM
    TurboGT

TurboGT Stirring the pot since...

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno DC LB 4x4
    None yet, starting over!! OME lift w/ Dakars & 885's Remote Start w/ window control
    Anyone know if the PAC SWI-JACK would install using the same wires/resistor?

10. Oct 4, 2010 at 3:28 PM
    bookmonke

bookmonke Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC PreRunner Rugged Trail
    How does your trim ring sit, mine is just laying in there and sometime vibrates, it has nubs but they don't seem to work.

11. Oct 5, 2010 at 1:12 PM
    wizzard

Member:
    Vehicle:
    The trim ring simply sets in mine as well....though I don't have any problems with it bouncing around or making noise. It seems the ring simply won't go far enough back in the dash kit to mate with the correct place on the HU

12. Oct 5, 2010 at 1:29 PM
    Bama_TACO

Member:
    Winfield, AL
    Vehicle:
    My trim ring is the same way. I put some 3m double sided tape on the back side and it sticks on the top edge of the ring, but not the bottom. It keeps it from rattling though.

13. Oct 10, 2010 at 4:32 PM
    zeuz519

zeuz519 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2004 Red Taco
    Wizzard - this was a great help to me when installing my AVIC-X920BT!

THANKS!

14. Oct 10, 2010 at 8:00 PM
    RX2RIDE

RX2RIDE Well-Known Member

Member:
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Tacoma (mine), 08 Sport 4 Runner(Wife)
    I am looking to replace my stock stereo. How do you like this one?

15. Oct 11, 2010 at 6:44 AM
    Bama_TACO

Member:
    Winfield, AL
    Vehicle:
    I will speak with my experience. I've had mine for 3 weeks now and I absolutely love it. My commute is about 3 hours a day total so I've had a lot of time to enjoy it. Ipod functionality is great. GPS works well, not as good as my Tom Tom, but I really don't care. I work in Birmingham and the built in GPS is a plus. I've already had a Garmin stolen and my window busted out because I had it up in the window (stupid on my part). This weekend I installed an overhead video monitor so my 2 year old can watch movies in the back on long trips. I couldn't be happier, especially since I got mine when it was 30% off.

Note added: I forgot to mention the Bluetooth. I really didn't care that much about it when I bought it since I used an earpiece bluetooth, but I haven't touched my earpiece BT since I got my head unit. It is really clear on my end and the people on the other end don't have any problem hearing me either.

16. Oct 17, 2010 at 12:22 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    :cool:Here is mine:
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for all of the valuable information!!!
    +1 to the OP:D

17. Oct 18, 2010 at 5:54 AM
    wizzard

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Yours seems to sit a bit more vertical and forward. Did you use the HU mounting bracket from the dash kit rather than the original?

18. Oct 18, 2010 at 10:35 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Yeah, I used the plastic HU Mounts that came with the scoshe kit instead of the stock metal mounts.
    The stock mounts worked great with the Metra Kit and my previous HU - which was an Eclipse.
    I know it looks like is is set back a bit but it really fit like a glove. - NO Rattles!:D
    just waiting on my iphone cord & the HD Tuner now.:cool:
    I also found out where to hook up the reverse wire & the speed sensor wire.
    When I take it apart to hook up the rest I'll post some pic's.
    Thank again!:D

Products Discussed in

To Top