1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fog Light Ram Air

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by StormTrooper, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Sep 11, 2010 at 1:08 PM
    StormTrooper

StormTrooper [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    08 Base Flowmaster Super 44 w/ K&N drop in
    Bed Cap,K&N Air Filter,Chrome Pieces,Flowmaster Exhaust,Neon on inside, Heavy Duty Custom Floormats ( Tacoma ), Tint 20%, Blue license plate lights, Various decals, LED Projector Halos headlights, JVC head unit stereo
    Im going to cut holes in the fog light covers, feed 2 tubes running from the holes to connect together as 1 tube, and shoot air out at my air box... wonder how it will turn out! anyone have it done?

2. Sep 11, 2010 at 1:12 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    thats a long way for ram air and with a bunch of angles and turns

3. Sep 11, 2010 at 1:14 PM
    StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    Bed Cap,K&N Air Filter,Chrome Pieces,Flowmaster Exhaust,Neon on inside, Heavy Duty Custom Floormats ( Tacoma ), Tint 20%, Blue license plate lights, Various decals, LED Projector Halos headlights, JVC head unit stereo
    So maybe i should just do one tube? on the right side, just a straight way to the airbox

4. Sep 11, 2010 at 1:15 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    I will be doing this soon as well to pressurize the box. either this or a collector right behind the grill

5. Sep 11, 2010 at 1:16 PM
    StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    way to one up me! lol

6. Sep 11, 2010 at 1:18 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    haha I mean so what if it has all the turns and shit..ITS NOT THE INTAKE. all it will be there to do is draw ambient air (cooler) and possibly pressure the stock air box so when the thorttle body opens hopefully they will be pressure to help push/pull/force the air into the chamber. IDK how well this will work or anthing BUT will the help of the ultra gauge I will be able to keep track of things in order to see how the idea works

7. Sep 11, 2010 at 1:19 PM
    StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
  8. Sep 11, 2010 at 1:21 PM
    StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the opinion... yeah i will just run one tube, very discreit looking and not tacky looking... i will run a test to see the difference in temperature in the intake air... but im sure it will cool the engine bay down some too.

9. Sep 11, 2010 at 1:21 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    They actually make an intake that looks exactly like a intercool and the application is a honda civic. IDK if they still make it I will take a look but thats also an option if its still available

10. Sep 11, 2010 at 1:22 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    This winter I will also be changing out the clutch driven fan for an electric fan

11. Sep 11, 2010 at 1:23 PM
    StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    Lol almost as cool as intstalling the "Turbo Whistle" on an exhaust tip... hahaha

12. Sep 11, 2010 at 1:27 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    ya but at least its semi functional haha

13. Sep 11, 2010 at 1:29 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    post pics when your done! :popcorn:

14. Sep 11, 2010 at 2:17 PM
    Dave333

Dave333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Loganville
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD long bed dbl cab
    Borla Exhaust, D/T LT, TRD CAI, Hella Rallye 4000, ARB, M/T Sidebiters 16", 265/75/16, Stubbs HD SKO Sliders, OME 3" lift with 886, Dakar Rear leafs, Satoshi
    I have a Charger SRT8 and there is a company called AE Carbon that did basically this same thing, link to the build and tests are here: http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=141902 The results weren't that bad. If you want cool, figure out a way to run a dual intake like this guy did:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Personally what I would do is what both Dodge and Ford have done which is use the fog light area to cool the brakes. Basically just some dryer type vent tubing ran from the fog light area to the front fender well. The intakes above were just to give you some ideas.

15. Sep 11, 2010 at 3:12 PM
    Dave333

Dave333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Loganville
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD long bed dbl cab
    Borla Exhaust, D/T LT, TRD CAI, Hella Rallye 4000, ARB, M/T Sidebiters 16", 265/75/16, Stubbs HD SKO Sliders, OME 3" lift with 886, Dakar Rear leafs, Satoshi
    I agree. Some debate on the Charger forums was that it wouldn't but there's probably a reason engineers who spend millions on R&D decide to keep intake's high and level. That's why I'd recommend using the vents to cool the brakes and keep the intake where it's at. Just my .02.

16. Sep 11, 2010 at 6:41 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    this is more a mod for people who dont live in rainy areas or drive in a lot of muddy areas. My GF has a jeep that collects from behind the grill. jeep puts a little flap there which I removed for her. She loves it! We did a "rain" test where she drove by me and I had a hose. Then we looked at the air box and there was no sign of water.

but with any modification: DO AT YOUR OWN RISK NO ONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS OR WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU DO SOMETHING TO YOUR TRUCK

17. Sep 11, 2010 at 6:59 PM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    there was a guy on XR-U that did this mod to his 2ng gen single cab...I can't find the thread or pics right now...but it is possible...

I suggest not going through any big and/or deep puddles...hydrolocking sucks donkey balls...lol

18. Sep 11, 2010 at 7:10 PM
    StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    Lol not saying yall are un-informed... but i dont mud/crawl with mine, so water wont be an issue. and as of right now i dont have an intake, just the stock box

19. Sep 11, 2010 at 7:14 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    X2 AIR GOOD WATER BAD

Products Discussed in

To Top