1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Will they legalize marijuana?

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by nighthawk87, Apr 21, 2010.

?

Will they succeed in legalizing marijuana??

Poll closed May 21, 2010.
  1. Yes

173 vote(s)
    59.0%
  2. No

120 vote(s)
    41.0%
  1. Aug 21, 2010 at 3:58 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Oh that's if you thing political machines are the man that gets elected. :(

Do you think Barry makes his own decisions? Think again. Look for OZ.

How do you think that healthcare bill was knocked out so quick and yet not one politician really knew what it contained.... The pot thing is the exact same thing... I go back to my original position... :)

2. Aug 21, 2010 at 4:48 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    :)

3. Aug 22, 2010 at 3:39 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    I am truly sorry for your loss

& I can totally relate , my Dad was dying from terminal lung cancer & I took care of him the last year he was alive & out of all the meds, the THC pills prescribed to him for appetite increase not only helped him from starving to death but it alleviated most the pain & discomfort that the potent , high end drugs (tamazipan, injectable Morphine Sulfate,etc; did not....

4. Sep 11, 2010 at 1:25 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
  5. Sep 11, 2010 at 1:30 PM
    Razorecko

Razorecko Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 Pyrite DCLB TRD Supercharged
  6. Sep 11, 2010 at 1:36 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Wow, look, a propaganda video citing no sources. Who would've thunk it?

I don't smoke marijuana, or tobacco, and have no interest in either, but all the fear, uncertainty, doubt about drug legalization is a hilarious load of manure.

Alcohol is plenty mind altering and damaging to the body. Tobacco the same. They're legal because they have big lobbies that write big checks to big senators. If weed is legalized, it'll do the same...and laws delineating it's acceptable use (it's illegal to drive drunk, if you recall) will be put in place.

Personally, I figure let 'em go ahead and legalize it. Tax it hard. It'll create jobs, and the Big Bad Fed'ral Guvmint can give me an income tax break and still maintain its present revenue levels.

7. Sep 14, 2010 at 5:29 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Well, I can't thank everyone enough... in working to get my head out of my ass. To think, how the hell could I think that pot interfering with people's personal productivity and their interpersonal relationships! How fucked up am I?

I think we should legalize cocaine too.

By doing this we will reduce the obesity problem and increase productivity.

We could even experiment with legalizing meth in San Francisco - just as an experiment. After all that drug could be manufactured locally creating jobs and increasing productivity. Okay maybe some teeth would be lost but think of the research money that would be made available to grow new teeth. Also, since healthcare will be free, all of these people would get new teeth so, no problem there.

We could go a bit further and legalize opiates - once again jobs and will allow the meth experiment participants to get a little sleep from time-to-time.

This will be a great surge for the economy and mankind.... and it will prove that we are the land of the free!

Thanks again for getting my head out of my ass!

8. Sep 14, 2010 at 5:58 AM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    And that right there is why we DON'T need to legalize pot. If THC is the "useful" part (in terms of pain control and appetite stimulation), then why smoke it? There's already drugs on the market. Most people don't realize, but there's still a lot of crap in the plant that's harmful when smoked.

Just like nicotine is the addictive part of cigarettes, but it's not necessarily the part that gives you lung cancer.

9. Sep 14, 2010 at 6:23 AM
    Namyo

Namyo -

Member:
    :laugh:

10. Sep 14, 2010 at 6:29 AM
    crf69

crf69 scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR BSP cab'n 1/2
    ummm yeah
  11. Sep 14, 2010 at 7:04 AM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier

You crack me up Paul. I say legalize everything and have a big party, who needs works and money and responsibility.

I don't smoke weed or and othere illegal substance and nor do i care what other people do. I have seen to many friends overdose and getting busted for stupid shit it has pushed me away from it all. People will do what they want to do if it is legal or not.

12. Sep 14, 2010 at 8:08 AM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

Sarcasm aside...

I think where your thought process goes wrong is assuming usage will increase just because of legality. It won't. People who are on drugs are idiots first, drug users second.

Yes, some drug users enter into usage by way of a bad decision and get hooked. But the drugs are already illegal, and it didn't stop them from acquiring and using, so the laws are pointless.

Legality/illegality of drugs will not affect supply or demand. It never did with alcohol. It never did with firearms. It wouldn't with drugs.

This is an economic issue, and that's what people fail to grasp. The government can legislate what it wants, but the market will operate independently of that. How do we know? Because it already does.

The better solution is to give the rest of us an economic break, by removing the tax burden of jailing and attempting to rehabilitate idiots who use drugs, by letting the government garner tax revenue from substance sales and give additional tax breaks/credits to people who don't use. Economic incentives not to use would actually have an effect.

The market is there and operating. Since legislation CAN'T stop it, the rest of us might as well reap a benefit from it's existence.

Just like gun control laws do nothing to stop usage of illegal firearms, and cost millions of extra tax dollars in enforcement, so do drug laws. They're both silly, and they should both be done away with.

13. Sep 14, 2010 at 11:34 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None

I can remember how the lotto was going to get California to the top of school rankings...get back with me in 25 years.

14. Sep 14, 2010 at 11:49 AM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    Were not at the top. I feel i got a good edumacation hippie

15. Sep 14, 2010 at 11:55 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    3rd or 4th from the bottom... not a bad place! :) At least we're not last... I guess. The sales job on the lotto should have read.... "Increase the overhead in school systems - vote for the lotto!"

From the lotto web site:

16. Sep 14, 2010 at 11:58 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Oh yeah, Jandrews, you say you don't use drugs. I must say it looks like you are high.

17. Sep 14, 2010 at 12:12 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR

So...put your money where your mouth is and back up your opinion with points of substance, or quit acting like you have a valid position.

I'm not saying my position is the only correct one, but at least I can do more to back it up than name calling.

Put up or shut up. There, I said it. I feel better.

18. Sep 14, 2010 at 4:56 PM
    Caduceus

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    Bringing sarcasm back for a brief encore...

You know my solution? Don't legalize drugs. Take all the repeat offenders for drug violations out of jail, and ship their asses to Afghanistan. This will:
    1) reduce burden of jail
    2) let them do something productive for their country
    3) put them in the land where heroin comes from, so if they want it, they don't break laws. They can be someone else's problem and stop draining our country
    4) Outlaws did pretty good in Australia. Maybe 100 years from now, with all the convicts that get transplanted, Afghanistan will be a kick-ass model country for the world.

See, everyone wins! Less taxes for Americans, more heroin/poppy for the junkies, and the Afghani's bring their countries into the first world!

19. Sep 14, 2010 at 5:10 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR

Removing sarcasm once again...

Still gotta pay to equip, transport, and support them. And they'd likely defect if being made to fight in poor conditions for a cause they may or may not be invested in. Also, the enemy can offer unlimited all you can eat free drugs, which is probably a persuasive card to play on addicts.

20. Sep 15, 2010 at 5:38 AM
    Caduceus

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    Exactly! Let the enemy deal with their junkie ways. And if we don't train 'em, they're less of a threat to us when they defect!

Products Discussed in

To Top