1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another raptor thread :)

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by BravesFan, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Sep 24, 2010 at 10:19 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    ay did i hear the guy right??? when he was running the truck through the desert and put it in 4x4 and locked the diff..?? and he was going 70-80+ mph??? can u go that fast and lock the diff..??? im not gonna lie this thread has really changed my perspective on things haha... still wont buy a ford though and my truck is superior to everyone and everything hahahaha just messing :D

2. Sep 24, 2010 at 10:25 AM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    ICON Stage 6, RCI Skids, Blacked out
    on my old 06 prerunner I went 70mph in a wash with it on. and on this truck I want about 45 mph on the race track with it on.

3. Sep 24, 2010 at 10:27 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    so if i were to get upgraded bumps like with my midtravel.... then would that be beneficial with a midtravel setup..?? or would that be a waste of money..???

4. Sep 24, 2010 at 10:29 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    but y are e lockers and air lockers supposed to go a certain mph as it says on the sticker on the door for the elocker..???

5. Sep 24, 2010 at 10:46 AM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    Theres 2 Raptors on the island here...one guy always takes his out and jumps it. Never comes back broke....but always dirty. And this guy is big...like really big. I would get one in a heartbeat given the cash and if i was an off road truck racer.

6. Sep 24, 2010 at 10:55 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Lawyers. The manufacturers are just covering themselves.

In reality, the hardware will take it without issue.

7. Sep 24, 2010 at 11:02 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    In that video they were stopped when engaging the diff. & going 4x

We had a Ocotillo run last year & a couple of us shot down that same wash in 4h about 60 mph (faster in a couple spots) & like the Raptor in 4x mode on sand you can flick your ass end & steer w/gas pedal, I'm going back down there soon but with the addition of the grey wire MOD (4h with diff locked) & see what happens as far as higher speed cornering etc;

8. Sep 24, 2010 at 12:12 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    yea but in reality wont it tear up your gears..??? can u do that in an air locker..???

9. Sep 24, 2010 at 12:25 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    I wouldn't recommend locking (ANY actually) factory diff at speed unless the manu. explicitly says you can & is covered under warranty. Tough or not think about whats happening inside the diff. trying to line up & mesh a couple gears that are spinning correct ? Can't be good on any level regardless if you've been getting away with it..

10. Sep 24, 2010 at 2:28 PM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    I think I misunderstood the question.

Once you're locked you can go as fast as you want. If you're in the process of locking the rear, I'd go easy on the speed if not come to a stop just to make sure the locking mechanism doesn't take any unnecessary abuse.

Sorry to cause confusion. :anonymous:

11. Sep 24, 2010 at 2:50 PM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    you talking about air bumps?

no, if set up right those would be very benificial to a mid travel set up

12. Sep 24, 2010 at 3:28 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Yea I'm talking about airbumps... What kinda benefit would get as opposed to timberens and factory bumps up front?? I realize there like a "mini second shock and all... Thanks matt for all the info bro...

13. Sep 24, 2010 at 3:33 PM
    nelson18matt

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    they will control the susp on hard hits and whoops... it will feel like your truck is riding on pillows. no harsh bottoming out. timbrens are too bouncy, i had them and they were nice but gave the truck too much rebound when they hit and the factory bumps are rubber so they will stop metal to metal contact of the susp, but it's not gonna be soft and pleasant

glad to help :thumbsup:

14. Sep 24, 2010 at 3:59 PM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
  15. Sep 24, 2010 at 8:36 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    It's deff something I'm gonna consider in the future... Ay u coming to the meet this Sunday???

16. Sep 24, 2010 at 8:37 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    yup

17. Sep 25, 2010 at 3:37 PM
    nelson18matt

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    no, wont be there.... i suck

18. Sep 25, 2010 at 4:01 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    DAMN it!!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top