1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Subs in double cab

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by SoonerTaco07, May 25, 2010.

1. Sep 27, 2010 at 6:56 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    No pics yet, but I did what I had posted about earlier. Bought the SoundOffAudio box ($137 shipped, w/black carpet upgrade), cut and pulled back the carpet at the rack/box joint, cut off the passenger side box, re-glued the carpet over the rack end, and installed my new Arc Audio 10" (replacing the 8" L7 in a small truck box). Only other thing I had to do was add a couple boards to the amp rack to push the bottom mounting surface even with the "hump".

As far as quality, looks adequate to me. From pics I've seen, Mr.Marv's boxes are thicker, MDF 3/4 vs 1/2, and put together a bit better, screwed together vs nail/glue, but for my needs works well at the price point I was looking for plus a few hours of work to cut, refinish, and prop out the amp rack.

One question for y'awl though, with my 8" L7 the sub sounded better with the rear seat plastic in place vs. removed. With the 10" Arc Audio sub, the sub sounds better with the plastic removed. I was getting some annoying reverb with the Arc and the plastic in place. Removed the plastic, and the reverb is gone. Anyone else have any experience with this, or just thoughts on why? Not sure why the L7 wasn't reverbing like the Arc was. Bass output is not all that different, although I like the 10" Arc SQ better than the L7.

2. Sep 27, 2010 at 10:23 AM
    Fmsvandal

Fmsvandal Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Ormond Beach, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 DC/LB TRD Sport
    Toytec Ultimate 3" Lift, Light Racing UCA's, N-Fab Steps, Black Headlight Mod, Satoshi Thin Lip Grille, Painted Hood Scoop, Debadged, Bakflip G2 Cover, Pop/Lock, Alpine HU, Kicker Door Speakers, RE Audio Subs, Arc Audio Amps
    My Setup With the box...Everything Sounds Good. Had to remove the plastic on the seats though due to them rubbing on sub ring along with alowing some room for excursion when seats are down.

2 10" RE Audio rex Subs
    Arc Audio KS500.1 mini
    Arc Audio KS125.2 mini

Sub Setup.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top