1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone in So Cal been out here?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by XxMalfunktionxX, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Sep 2, 2007 at 1:20 PM
    XxMalfunktionxX

XxMalfunktionxX [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 TRD SPORT SR5 Double Cab
    K&N Drop in, Bilstein 5100's in front with Readylift kit on top for a 3 in. lift in the front and a 1 in. block in the rear. Next project is going to be TRD Supercharger and Camburg coilover long travel system with custom skid plate and tubes. Maybe some new tires and wheels then..
    I-15 off Hodge Road ?? I recently moved back down here from the Central Valley and I didnt have a 4x4 truck until I bought my new Taco just recently..I was out here Saturday morning..there are some real cool trails from what I saw..and also its a cool place to do some target shooting..If anyone is interested in going or has gone before ...let me know..I'd like to find some other people in the So Cal area that go out there..maybe take a day and just hit some trails..I also hear that when it rains its a great mud pit to run in..

Anyhow..just an idea..if anyone from So Cal area is reading this and wants to head out sometime..let me know..also if u know of any other spots that are good..pass down some info..

2. Sep 2, 2007 at 2:49 PM
    ZonKs

ZonKs Can speak french in Russian.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sport DCSB 4x4
    =p
    Heh. If i had a 4x4 id be there. Especially for the target shooting.

Ted

3. Sep 2, 2007 at 4:49 PM
    XxMalfunktionxX

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    K&N Drop in, Bilstein 5100's in front with Readylift kit on top for a 3 in. lift in the front and a 1 in. block in the rear. Next project is going to be TRD Supercharger and Camburg coilover long travel system with custom skid plate and tubes. Maybe some new tires and wheels then..
    Let me know anytime you wanna go out..I got room..me and a buddy usually go for the day. There seem to be a lot of wide open room for trailblazing as well..it would be nice to get a good group of people out there..im sure we can all have a blast out there and get a chance to check out other peoples Tacomas and all that good stuff..

4. Sep 5, 2007 at 8:41 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    I'm not use to hearing people from Cali talk about shooting. From what i hear its almost impossible to legally own a gun out there. Lots of restrictions and licsenses and other BS you have to put up with.

5. Sep 5, 2007 at 4:23 PM
    XxMalfunktionxX

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    Well some of us still find out ways to have fun out in the boonies..its the state laws that are totally insane..it sucks for people like myself and a few buddies that enjoy owning firearms and going out and target shooting..plus..in my opinion..there's no better home protection than a gun with hot rounds in it..especially someone who knows how to use that gun..

Dont get me started on this states gun laws..

As for hittin' hodge road sometime..im always down to go!!! drop me a line anytime..

6. Sep 5, 2007 at 6:25 PM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Guns don't kill people - stupidity kills people.

7. Sep 6, 2007 at 5:33 AM
    ZonKs

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sport DCSB 4x4
    =p
    These are some of mine and they're all legal. We can own every gun you can (barring Class III) just no mags over 10 rounds (unless you owned them before 2001) and no Flash hiders on "assault weapons". There are lots of shooters out here. We are not all Hollyweird and San FranFreakshow weirdos.:D
    [​IMG]

8. Sep 6, 2007 at 7:14 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    No mags over 10 rounds? thats BS!!! the last gun i got was a Glock model 23. For anyone not familiar thats the midsize 40 cal. It came with tritium (sp) night sights and 3 high cap mags. What if 11 terrorists break into your house? then your just screwed. Although i'm glad to hear not all you Cali boys are tree hugging hippies :)

BTW, Zonks, looks like you're a lefty.... and i love you're tactical shotgun, makes me all jittery inside :)

9. Sep 6, 2007 at 9:20 AM
    ghostsix

ghostsix Well-Known Member

Member:
    A WI farm, Sonora, Sedona, Lake Havesue and Canyon
    Vehicle:
    Impluse Red 2006 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-road 4x4
    A Roo Bar comes to mind. I also protected the tail lamps. It is a farm and you back over stuff; Willows mostly. All of the factory options are on it. The dealership owner bought it for himself.He put a topper on it and pricey tyres. The Power Wagon does the heavy lifting.
    Well you should have no trouble in the next riot. The cops will be asking you for covering fire.
    As I recall from my 5 yrs. of U C and the Orange Co. S.O. there is a statute that makes it a crime to fail to come to the aid of a Peace Officer.
    A defense would be that you did not have the means.

10. Sep 7, 2007 at 5:52 PM
    XxMalfunktionxX

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    I recently found out that my BFSC Cert. is no longer valid and recognized by the Dept of Justice for purchasing a handgun..I gotta take a Hunter Safety Course..haha..good thing I got my Glock 19C from a friend..and two 15 Round Magazines with it..I dont usually carry those around with me..its kinda cool though..it has the stamp on the magazine that says "Restricted-LE/Govt. Use Only" ...

If anyone wants to go shooting..drop me a line..I'm always looking to go and blow some rounds off..Nice pics of those weapons by the way Zonks..I like the sniper rifle..7mm Mag?

11. Sep 7, 2007 at 6:06 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    all i can say is that anything that has "Hodge" in the name HAS to be awesome...lol

12. Sep 7, 2007 at 6:19 PM
    XxMalfunktionxX

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    Hahaha..ya i guess so..nice pics of your taco..looks sweet..

13. Sep 7, 2007 at 6:30 PM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    thanks man...u gotta post some of urs as well...and pass around that charger after u get it...lol

14. Sep 8, 2007 at 4:14 AM
    ZonKs

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sport DCSB 4x4
    =p
    Naw. I stay away from the magnum rifle rounds. They are fun to shoot once in a blue moon, but anymore than that...ouch. Its .308/7.62x51mm.

Ted

PS. all you need to do is go to a local Turners, etc. and retake your handgun safety test for the HSC.

15. Sep 8, 2007 at 7:46 AM
    XxMalfunktionxX

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    Ya..im gonna do it maybe today after I hit the indoor shooting range out here for an hour or so..I have been keeping an eye on this H&K USP .45 that I wanna get..

16. Sep 8, 2007 at 2:44 PM
    ZonKs

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sport DCSB 4x4
    =p
    I had an HK USPF .45 for a few months. I diddnt like it too much and I sold it.

Ted

[​IMG]

17. Sep 9, 2007 at 9:38 AM
    XxMalfunktionxX

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    Theyre good weapons..it just matters if it feels right to you when you fire it..if it doesnt..then you shouldnt keep it..thats what my granddaddy always told me..if it dont feel right..dont fire it again..im such a big fan of renting guns at the range...it allows you to find which firearm you like..I had the Glock 19 given to me by a friend..i wouldnt of gotten a 9mm..i would op for either a .40 S&W or .45 ACP..but..hey..a free Glock with two hi cap mags..i wont turn it down..and its got Trintium Nite Sites too boot as well..

18. Sep 10, 2007 at 1:13 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    I agree with zonks about the HK. My buddy had one and i hated it. I know they are good weapons but i just didnt like the feel of it, or the action.

Malfunktion: i'm like you, my favorite handgun rounds are .40 and .45. I owned a 9mm berreta and i will never again make that mistake. the only good think about 9mm is the ammo is cheap as hell. I currently own 2 .40's. My Glock also has the Trintium night sights ands i love them. I doubt i'll ever need them but they are great. I would like to get a .45 next. My uncle has a .S&W revolver that uses .45 ACP rounds. its a really cool gun. it uses "full moon clips" they are a thin metal ring and you can load the ACP rounds into it and drop the whole clip in the cylinder. Alot of competition shooters use it since its really fast to re-load. It's cool but its expensive for a revolver. I'm also a big fan of the .44 special. The magnum is too much gun for self defense but the .44 special is a perfect round. I dont like the magnum for the same reason i dont like the .357 magnum. too much power, i dont want to have to worry about where the bullet goes after it goes through someone.

19. Sep 10, 2007 at 4:59 PM
    XxMalfunktionxX

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    That revolver sounds like a blast to shoot..I think those full moon clips were around in the old west if im right..those are pretty cool..I have shot a Glock 22 (.40 S&W) and I have to be quite honest..that gun kicks major ass..I have considered buying that over the HK..

I know your not a fan of a .357 Mag's and such..but you gotta admit..if your a Glock fan..you gotta like their version .357 in semi auto..

but ya...a .40 or .45 are plenty good stopping power ..even better if theyre hollowed..that way it wont be traveling far once it shreds everything on the inside..well..thats the plan anyways..

20. Sep 10, 2007 at 6:09 PM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    i've got a .44 ruger super blackhawk w/ a 10 1/2" barrel...now that is a blast to shoot...lol

Products Discussed in

To Top