1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What is this on my Intake?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 99tacosupreme, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Sep 30, 2010 at 5:35 PM
    99tacosupreme

99tacosupreme [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    1999 Black V6 PreRunner TRD
    Pioneer Headunit, Infinity Kappa 6.5" speakers, Alpine Type R sub with Alpine M500 amp, 15% Tint up front 5% in the back, Deckplate mod, Debadged, Bilstien 5100s, Wheelers 1.5"AAL, DDM 55w 6k Lights
    I am putting my stock intake back on but I dont have the same rubber hose long enough to connect the metal hose to the rubber hole on my intake. I tried to draw arrows in the picture. So my question is, what is the metal hose coming from and can i just cap it off until I can buy a new hose tomorrow?

[​IMG]

2. Sep 30, 2010 at 5:53 PM
    SkyHighTacoma

SkyHighTacoma Josh

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Brazoria County Texas
    Vehicle:
    15 DCSB SR5 MGM
    I think its like a crankcase breather or some type of breather. Dont quote me on that but I took a quick glance t my truck and thats what it looks like. :confused: But should be okay to drive like that for alil I would think. :)

3. Sep 30, 2010 at 8:16 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    If you leave the hole on the intake open... it would be sucking in dirty air, no?

4. Sep 30, 2010 at 9:56 PM
    99tacosupreme

99tacosupreme [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    1999 Black V6 PreRunner TRD
    Pioneer Headunit, Infinity Kappa 6.5" speakers, Alpine Type R sub with Alpine M500 amp, 15% Tint up front 5% in the back, Deckplate mod, Debadged, Bilstien 5100s, Wheelers 1.5"AAL, DDM 55w 6k Lights
    Yea the hole on the intake could possibly suck things into it but i was just gunna put some tape over it for the night, but I was wondering if there would be any negitive effects if i plugged the other breather, the crank case breather? but I decided not to risk it, and just not drive it till tomorrow.

5. Sep 30, 2010 at 9:59 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Thats a vacuum line. You need to connect it.

6. Oct 1, 2010 at 12:28 AM
    SkyHighTacoma

SkyHighTacoma Josh

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Brazoria County Texas
    Vehicle:
    15 DCSB SR5 MGM
    That is true.. Didnt think that far into it haha. :eek:

7. Oct 1, 2010 at 7:41 AM
    iDigTulsa

iDigTulsa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle:
    03 DoubleCab TRD SR5 4x4
    Free Alarm Mod, Grey Wire Mod, Reverse Leaf Spring Helper Mod, Kenwood Deck, Memphis 10'', Yakima Roof Rack, Debadged Sides,Silver Toyota Skid Plate, Injen CIA, 3.5'' Amsoil Dry Filter, 17 x 7.5 Tundra Split Spoke Alloy's
    Chris4x4 is one of the most, if not THE most knowledge able individuals on the TacomaWorld forum, if he says you need to connect it, then I would connect it. I will add though, what Chris4x4 failed to mention is the fact that is the vacuum line to your "Anti-Explosion Chamber".

Meaning that if there is not adequate pressure with in the A.E.C. as it is commonly referred to here on TacomaWorld then your entire truck will actually explode. Toyota created this as an anti-tamper device so people would not change out their stock intakes....Why do you think so many people just run the "Deck Plate Mod" instead!?!?!?!?!?!?

If you have an Advance Auto or O'Reilly's around (or comparable auto parts store) you should be able to either purchase pre-cut vacuum tubing to fit that diameter in the necessary length, or you may have to trim it to fit the needed length. Good luck, and whatever you do...DON'T DRIVE YOUR TRUCK to the auto parts store, have someone take you.

This guy was on his way to pick one up last week, but couldn't get a ride and decided to take his chances..... :D:D:D
    [​IMG]

8. Oct 1, 2010 at 7:46 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Thanks for the props, but Im certainly not the most knowlegible person on here :eek: I think as a colective, this site and the members can figure out almost anything with these trucks :)

9. Oct 1, 2010 at 7:50 AM
    magog45

magog45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada, just south of Santa
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma 4x4 extended cab
    5100's all around, 2.75 inch lift, polyurethane body mounts, gibson exhaust, variation of the deckplate mod, intake resonators removed 285-75-16 goodyear AT
    Looks pretty simple you have 2 nipples with no hose on them, on my 98 there is a rubber hose there. It is related to the pvc valve and yes if that system is plugged up pressure can build up in the crankcase. That side is actually the intake side so what you are doing is drawing dirty air into the crankcase then up thru the pvc valve and into the intake. I would replace that right away.

10. Oct 1, 2010 at 7:54 AM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    one of those lines goes over to the brake booster and gives you brakes..Should probably fix it lol

Products Discussed in

To Top