1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

API Clamps for Camper Shells

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by Papa Tac, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Oct 8, 2010 at 4:50 AM
    Papa Tac

Papa Tac [OP] Adjunct Anarchist

Member:
    First Name:
    Papa Tac
    Codroy Valley, Newfoundland
    Vehicle:
    '10 Ned Ludd Edition
    Pupped my ride - Dog bench, Black stock rims, Tail Gate antitheft mod, Bed storage and sleeping platform, Action Cap w/Yakima rack and Rola basket, Seatbelt chime off, Tentasaurus
    http://apiclamps.com/ac110f.html
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/API-Truck-Cap-Camper-Shell-Canopy-Toyota-Tacoma-Clamps-/250682146738

[​IMG]

I'm looking at these clamps for securing a camper shell and possibly some other bed ideas, like a DIY canoe rack.
    I assume others have used these... Can anyone tell me which of the three sizes is the best for our use? I'm guessing the medium (7/8") is the one.
    Anyone know offhand if these are available at any retail outlets in Canada?
    And does anyone know if regular C Clamps will work on our rails?
    BTW I'm a 2010 Access cab

Thanks in advance for any advice

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Oct 8, 2010 at 9:41 AM
    Crooked Beat

Crooked Beat Well-Known Member

Member:
    GTA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma DCLB SR
    C clamps will not work. I have a Hawk Cap made by Paris Caps in Brantford ON. www.hawkcaps.com I am not sure they are still in business. They have special aluminum clamps made for Tacomas. Should be available at http://www.vanandtruckworld.com/. I saw a location in NL St John's last time I was there.

You can see the clamps on the bed rack build thread

3. Oct 8, 2010 at 2:17 PM
    cotruckin

cotruckin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Westminster, CO.
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 06 TRD Sport
    Bilstein 5100 Lift with rear 1" blocks, ARE Z series topper with Yakima rack and Rola basket, some audio equipment, some more goodies
    I have something that looks very similar for my topper clamps. The one part of it doesnt go into the rail like this, but the rest looks the same and they work GREAT!!! Definately worth the money.

4. Jan 6, 2012 at 6:34 AM
    friction

friction Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '08 4X4 RC SR5
    Bumping an old one for anbody w/experience. Who has these?

5. Mar 18, 2013 at 7:03 PM
    12DblCab

12DblCab I don't know what to write here

Member:
    South
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Sport "Pyrite Mica"
    Bump again to see if anyone has used these, including previous posters. I'm talking to a guy on Craigslist about buying his Leer shell, and these clamps look pretty easy to use.

6. Mar 18, 2013 at 8:12 PM
    AZBACKCOUNTRY

AZBACKCOUNTRY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    AZ-between the hammer and the anvil
    Vehicle:
    11' AC TRD OFF-ROAD 4x4
    Pelfreybilt front aluminum bumper,AVID off road weld on sliders, RCI Offroad IFS & transmission Skid (steel), RCI LCA skids (aluminum),upper grillcraft, relentless hi clearance bumper,OEM color matched front grill color, ARE MX camper shell, wet Okole realtree seat covers,pelfreybuilt hi lift mounts,ICON 2.5 Coil-overs extended,, ICON tubular UCA's. Allpro expo leafs, SS extended brake lines.Bilstein 110 extended rear shocks.prinsu Cabrac.dwreck pod mounts OKLED 18w cubes.Baja Designs Squadron-R Sport, LED Wide Cornering, Ambers fog/driving 20" IGGY LED Single Row bar.tepui awning,rotopax 2 gallon, TREDs and mount , 100 watt renogy solar panel.victron 20 amp Bluetooth charge controller,Pro comp wheels - cooper st maxx 285/75/16 tires. Skygear bussman fuse relay smart box. ARB 12v plug hard wired for ARB fridge. Pelfreybilt gas tank skid. Smittybilt X2O 10K winch
    I have them on my ARE MX shell. They are easy to install in the deck rail,and easy to tighten and remove. So far shell has held well even in 4x4 rocky country .

Az

Products Discussed in

To Top