1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do you know how to siphon gas from Tacoma???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by moulin6801, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Oct 12, 2010 at 9:48 PM
    moulin6801

moulin6801 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohh yes, I am a pro on the Siphon technique on most cars, however I was trying to get the hose down the tank of my 2010 TRD sport, to feed the lawnmower, but I could not get the darn hose past a gasket (that's what felt like).
    Has anyone done it on the 2nd Gen Tacos???
    Thanks.

I though it would be nice to know, just in case one day I may feel like helping a dump ass that runs out of gas on the road ! Done that twice actually... (one was my wife! :)

Cheers
    David

2. Oct 12, 2010 at 9:49 PM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    you cant. theres a screen blocking it.

3. Oct 12, 2010 at 10:18 PM
    Leadgolem

Leadgolem Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma SR5 2.7L 4x4 stick
    Herculiner bed liner, White LED instrument lights, Custom painted hood, Homemade leather steering wheel wrap, Avic u310bt gps stereo, 1.5" bushwacker fender flares, 1.25" bilstein lift front, 1" shackle lift rear, rear bilstein 5100 shocks, ridiculous helper spring lift rear, wet okole seat covers, mutilated exhaust, boom mat under hood
    Hmm, carry gas can.

4. Oct 12, 2010 at 10:27 PM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    ooooooooo I'm telling your wife you called her a "dump ass" ;)

5. Oct 12, 2010 at 10:32 PM
    supataco

supataco Shaq-enzy Falls

Member:
    First Name:
    Ichiro
    Oahu - Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2010-SSM-AC-TRDSport-PreRunner
    -17" 4Runner Trail Wheels (265/70/17) -OEM Tube Steps -Tailgate Security Clamps -Trimmed Mudflaps -Bed Bar -Kobalt Box -Bed Mat -Toyota Mats
    I didn't know about this screen. I've been so paranoid about someone siphoning my gas since the door don't lock.

6. Oct 12, 2010 at 11:42 PM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    Wow. You maybe need to sit back and have a highball. Or move out of kalihi. Even if your gas gets siphoned, its not the end of the world.

I'd be more worried about someone tagging the side of my truck, or stealing it outright. AND all the stoners bouncing off cars driving down the road.
    I mean... its a tacoma in hawaii, someone just bang their fender and need get new... whats 12 bucks in gas?

7. Oct 12, 2010 at 11:43 PM
    island808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Meth is the drug of choice. Marijuana is considered mandatory and therefore not a choice.

8. Oct 13, 2010 at 12:03 AM
    island808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    indeed. Its like detroit around on oahu. Cept, on oahu I am more scared for my safety. Combine Polynesian machismo with methamphetamine and heineken and they'll just throw.
    worse is, they do it Asian style. One guy starts with you while 5 others jump you from behind. Usually unarmed, but theres a lot of people that live to give beatings around here. They aren't looking to kill you, just prove themselves or something. One of George Bush's aids got mugged when they were here a couple years ago. But as far as killings, its usually girlfriends and pedestrians stupid enough to be in the crosswalk.

Nice thing though, If you ever have stuff you don't want, just put it outside and turn your back. Always amazed that people come to oahu for vacation.. Have they not seen "dog the bounty hunter"?

The only good side of the island is inside.

9. Oct 13, 2010 at 12:39 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    I saw a lot of anti-meth commercials when I was in Oahu recently. Kind of figured it was a big problem if they're running commercials against it.

When I was there, some tourist got stabbed at the end of Waikiki (by the Honolulu Zoo).

10. Oct 13, 2010 at 1:11 PM
    sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe They are more like guide lines.

Member:
    All Over
    Vehicle:
    Silver and simple
    Non
    Man here I am thinking how nice it would be to live there and ya'll are making me think twice. I cannot stand this whole Meth deal?? The shit is really bad! I mean rot your body whilst you are still using it bad, like you should start buying you magazines off the rack if you are smoking that stuff. No need for subscriptions when you dont know if you will be alive to get the next issue. Its kind of sad too but I really dont have a soft spot for addicts or pushers. No tolerance here fella! I think if you get caught selling Meth they should send you to Cuba "the Bay" Waterboarding school, if you know what I mean. If you get caught with crack its the same, or maybe we can turn Michigan into a large really depressing prison (won't be hard to do that seeing as its already halfway there, just need the high walls and your should be good to go. But yea I am way off topic now. That is pretty bad it sounds. JOE>

11. Oct 13, 2010 at 1:38 PM
    oneshot808

oneshot808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    16 T4R 4x4 GH05T
    Wet Okoles/Weather tech all around, LED's +HIDS, 6"Fabtech w/ Fox front & rear

^^^this

good to know about the screen guys.

and yes Hawaii isn't just fun in the sun. But it all depends how you see it.

12. Oct 13, 2010 at 1:54 PM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    its not the pot heads that sideswipe vehicles...its the drunk and tweekers...:censored:

Meth cause its so dam cheap and so readily available...

Marijuana cause we got the best soil to grow it and best climate in the world...:D

Hawaii has the largest % of Meth (tweeker) users than any other state...its really sad...

the winter of my freshmen year of college, I was back in Hilo for christmas vacation and there was the largest meth bust in all of Hawaii (at the time) where DEA/FBI caught wind of a shipment of meth worth over $22million being shipped in a minivan hidden in all the panels of the vehicle...2 men were arrested as they tried to drive out of the shipping area...

but at the same time Hawaii (Big Island), Maui, Moloka'i, and Kaua'i still have tons of deep country (very minimum to no population living there) where you can make, grow, and pretty much do anything without getting in trouble...that keeps the scenery and landscape looking good but also opportunity for people to cook up tons of drugs without ever getting caught...

Sorry for thread jacking...but drugs are bad you shouldn't do drugs...stick with all natural...:D

13. Oct 13, 2010 at 4:45 PM
    moulin6801

moulin6801 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Man it sucks... Well at the least will save me money in the fact that will not give gas away, neither have to buy a gas cap!
    If you anyone comes up with a easy plan, let me know.
    And no, I don't want to drive around with a gas container in my truck.

14. Oct 13, 2010 at 5:35 PM
    Fortech

Fortech Well-Known Member

Member:
    CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100's, rear TSB, Firestone bags
    Most vehicles have this screen. Usually a good stiff hose can puncture it with little effort, so I wouldn't consider the Tacoma "siphon proof".

15. Oct 13, 2010 at 7:59 PM
    supataco

supataco Shaq-enzy Falls

Member:
    First Name:
    Ichiro
    Oahu - Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2010-SSM-AC-TRDSport-PreRunner
    -17" 4Runner Trail Wheels (265/70/17) -OEM Tube Steps -Tailgate Security Clamps -Trimmed Mudflaps -Bed Bar -Kobalt Box -Bed Mat -Toyota Mats
    I've honestly never had too much trouble in Hawaii, but there are areas to avoid just like any other city. I'd say caucasian people have it the hardest living here.

16. Oct 14, 2010 at 12:22 AM
    island808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    No... the tausug, ilocano, Micronesians and thai and other polynesians have it the worst by FAR, haven't you been to waipahu or down dillingham? THose people have it bad bad... I get buy great... got a new tacoma.. don't live in a swamp by the bike trail...
    Poor/ignorant people will always hassle those that have. Empty can makes the most noise.

As far as hassling. Most fights, stabbings, assaults are fillipino (or whatever) on a family member or close friend. You just hear about it when its a white guy, because its outside the family so the cops actually get called... sometimes. That and the military guys sometimes just don't know when to leave people alone, anyone would eventually throw. macho military guys and macho locals don't mix. It was the same in texas.

But hawaii is great.... how many other states can brag 3 major slave cases in 3 years? Slavery... you know someone's doing well... er... something. And how does a slave ring with hundreds of people not get CNN's attention over some miners trapped in a mine?

And mind who you're calling caucasian. I only know one person who is caucasian for sure. The rest are just white american. If you want to get specific, I'd be ok with franco-anglo-american, but the family has been in north america for hundreds of years and none are russian in ancestry.

Crazy guy rant complete! Sorry... I just saw "hardest living here" and went nuts. Hardest thing is putting up with people that don't give a crap about anything, and shipping charges.

But for the non low life types.. they got some practical living styles out here. Most sensible car choices, furniture and all.. Drives me nuts watching moms driving to work in a suburban. Scion is where its at.

17. Oct 14, 2010 at 12:25 AM
    island808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Still got to go with.. unless your neighbor is siphoning gas every day.. who cares. As long as its a random act, and not every day. I mean, sure it sucks, but its not as big as a rock hitting your paint right? Perspective folks..

18. Oct 14, 2010 at 8:05 PM
    oneshot808

oneshot808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    16 T4R 4x4 GH05T
    Wet Okoles/Weather tech all around, LED's +HIDS, 6"Fabtech w/ Fox front & rear

Products Discussed in

To Top