1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mod idea: power folding side mirrors.

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by SAIRS, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Oct 24, 2010 at 7:28 PM
    SAIRS

SAIRS [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Super White 2012 Double Cab LB TRD SPORT
    Icon Extended Travel Stage 1, Total Chaos UCA's, Dakkar leaf pack, Beefed DCLB Sliders with extended kickout and custom BSP, Beefed Custom exo-rear tube bumper, Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft mod. Front mudflaps removed, Access LE soft tonneau cover, Weathertech digital floor mat, Weathertech window deflectors, Weathertech license plate frames. future plans = diamond plate tailgate mod, Venture Shield, TRD supercharger...the dream goes on and on....
    Some of the earlier Sequoias came with a feature where you could push a button and the side mirrors would fold in. I have a town house where a buddy could not get his full size GMC truck into the garage without folding the side mirror in because it was too wide. It got me thinking. Has anyone done this mod or know where to start looking how to do it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFlldrzg1DE

Id imagine it could be handy during some tight places offroading

2. Oct 24, 2010 at 7:34 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Thats pretty cool....

3. Oct 24, 2010 at 8:00 PM
    EAR28

EAR28 Active Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    Silver Truck
  4. Oct 24, 2010 at 8:10 PM
    SAIRS

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Icon Extended Travel Stage 1, Total Chaos UCA's, Dakkar leaf pack, Beefed DCLB Sliders with extended kickout and custom BSP, Beefed Custom exo-rear tube bumper, Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft mod. Front mudflaps removed, Access LE soft tonneau cover, Weathertech digital floor mat, Weathertech window deflectors, Weathertech license plate frames. future plans = diamond plate tailgate mod, Venture Shield, TRD supercharger...the dream goes on and on....

Funny you should post that. I just barely sent an email to that company CIPA to see if they could do it. Hopefully, they have an adapter kit that we could use our existing mirrors on this mod. I am getting the sport package and dont want to have mirrors painted again. I will let you guys know what they say. There website didnt have anything that I could find right off the bat for the Tacoma, so that link was interesting to see.

5. Oct 24, 2010 at 8:12 PM
    STR8_BEAST

STR8_BEAST Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    HB, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 PRERUNNER TRD OR
    MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST, SOUND SYSTEM, KENWOOD DNX 7140, WINDOW TINT, REAR TSB, FRONT COIL SPACER, SATOSHI MOD, BHLM, WHITE CALIPERS, CB RADIO W/4FT FIRESTIK, MAGLITE MOD
    and if you could hook it up to the alarm system so they close when you lock the car like a mercedes and the like, that would be pretty cool

oh and have fun with that

6. Oct 24, 2010 at 8:25 PM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    They are on Jdm trucks and most other cars. You can find oem from japan but the pass side mirror will be a little smaller then the drivers one since you sit on the left side of the truck vs the right

7. Oct 25, 2010 at 9:53 PM
    SAIRS

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    well, I heard back from CIPA. They dont make the mirrors for the tacoma. This mod will be on the back of my mind, so I will take a closer look down the road and if I find a good way to do it, I will post it.

8. Nov 10, 2010 at 7:27 PM
    Cars0n`

Cars0n` Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    03 2.7L 4x4 5spd
    stumbled on this thread from a search, but the avalanches have them. the newer style anyways

9. Nov 12, 2010 at 7:01 AM
    themuffinman619

themuffinman619 Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Member:
    First Name:
    themuffinman
    Vehicle:
    Your moms house
    Yup, pretty much all the cars here in japan come standard with automatic folding side mirrors. Comes in handy with all the tight parking.

Products Discussed in

To Top