1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Headache rack and tonneau cover

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by offgrid, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Nov 11, 2010 at 8:24 PM
    offgrid

offgrid [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    offgrid
    calif
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma sr5
    Is there any vendor who sells a headache rack and tonneau cover that will fit a 2010 Tacoma Extended Cab? Research so far says that combination is impossible. The composite bed calls for plates and bolts for a headache rack that exclude a tonneau cover. Any info out there?

2. Nov 12, 2010 at 12:11 PM
    offgrid

offgrid [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    offgrid
    calif
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma sr5
    The headache rack is to protect the rear window from piles of split firewood that want to slam the rear window as well as protection from lumber, power equipment breaking free from tie downs, etc. The first day I used the truck I had a close call bang on the rear window. The tonneau cover is to hide luggage and groceries and stuff I don't want flying out the rear. Can't tell you how many times I've seen bags and stuff fly out of pick up trucks.

3. Nov 12, 2010 at 12:13 PM
    707tothe907

707tothe907 Superior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Chico NorCal
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB Off Road
    Well if you have one you have absolutley no need for the other...

4. Nov 12, 2010 at 12:25 PM
    badguybuster

badguybuster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    New truck....so nothing yet
    Actually did you see the pics I posted of my tundra? I fit a tri fold tonneau and sport light bar. It was tricky but it can be done. I had to cut notched in the light bar to slide the tonneau through. The light bar is held in place by those compression blocks. never hurts to look into it. Check out someone else's rack and see if you can modify it.

[​IMG]

5. Nov 12, 2010 at 12:50 PM
    Capita

Capita Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Double Cab
    Thats totally not true at all. I have a tonneau cover that I use quite often especially getting groceries and going on holidays. I also have an ATV that I use every now and then. I'd love to have a headace rack to protect my back window when I use my atv. I would love to have the headace rack on permanently so there is no fooling around to put it on whenever I use my atv or carry high loads. The tonneau can come off in 10 seconds.

i think it is a great question to ask and would love to see an answer as well......

6. Nov 12, 2010 at 5:37 PM
    offgrid

offgrid [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    offgrid
    calif
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma sr5
    Sounds interesting....maybe the headache rack needs to be "notched"...I'll check with my supplier and installer. (It's not something I could even attempt....arthritic hands reduce my "handiwork" let alone not having the skills.) Loved the picture of your dogs....am getting a dog next year....being a life time dog owner/lover.

7. Apr 23, 2011 at 10:02 PM
    GREENMACHINE

GREENMACHINE Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Calvin
    Newport, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2011 DOUBLE CAB 4X4 LONG BED SR5 SPORT
    Old Man Emu 3" lift/level kit w/ Dakar Leaf Springs, Husky floor mats, heavy duty horse stale mat cut to fit truck bed, goodyear All-Terrain wrangler, Maglite mod holder on driver seat, Magnaflow 18" muffler, mounted fire extinguisher, shovel, and ax in bed. Consel vault, grillcraft grill w/ relocation of horns, debadged, backup lights, Best Top Super Topper.
  8. Apr 24, 2011 at 5:43 AM
    Capita

Capita Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Double Cab
    It looks like great work. I really don't get the spider theme racks. But it is nice to be different. Too expensive for me though and not too sure if it'll work with a tonneau cover

Products Discussed in

To Top