1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sony Reciever w/dashkit/harness

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by biorunner1, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Sep 25, 2007 at 8:22 AM
    biorunner1

biorunner1 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Prerunner
    Kenwood DVD, Navi TV tuner, Ipod, FM Traffic Reciever Thorley Headers AFE Intake Custom Exhaust URD MAF Calibrator American Racing BFG AT Wheels Fox Racing Shox Total Chaos Control Arms Tint
    I'm replacing my sony MP3/CD Player with a Nav System, so the Sony is up for grabs. The unit works great! I am including the Scoche dash Kit that originally cost me $50.00. The Unit was installed with the Toyota Harness and I am including the whole package for $150.00. All you have to do is plug it in and bolt down the 4 #10 bolts and its done. Here is a link to the technical info.

http://www.xplodsony.com/specialty/headunits/CDX-F7715X

Whats included:

1) Sony MP3/CD Player Model # CDX-F7715X

2) Datachable Face Plate with Remote Control

3) Scoche Dash Kit for 2005 and up Tacoma

4) Wire Harness for 2005 and up Tacoma (All wired to the unit)

5) I still have and will include the original Manual

6) Set of RCA Cables and audio jack for an external input Ipod etc....

7) Moral Support (Not worth much but its there anyways)

Everything is $150.00 Firm. For $20.00 I will ship anywhere in the lower 48.

Thanks for looking

Travis.

On Sony.jpg
    Disc in.jpg
    Sony Out.jpg
    Harness.jpg

2. Sep 25, 2007 at 8:32 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    I know this is a stupid question but i have never upgraded a stereo in a vehicle before so what is that red cable for and is it possible to either not use it or hide it better?

I'm very interested but after my accident with the tree i dont know that i can drop any money into anything unecessary

3. Sep 25, 2007 at 9:48 AM
    biorunner1

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Prerunner
    Kenwood DVD, Navi TV tuner, Ipod, FM Traffic Reciever Thorley Headers AFE Intake Custom Exhaust URD MAF Calibrator American Racing BFG AT Wheels Fox Racing Shox Total Chaos Control Arms Tint
    Its not a dumb question at all. I get that question everytime someone gets in my truck. The Red cable is actually a set of RCA cables that plug into the back of the unit as an auxillary input. You could use them for an ipod or for plugging in a DVD player or whatever you want. You certainly do not have to use it. You could easily remove it all together if you don't plan on using an external device or you could rerout it to your glove box if you wanted it to be descrete. Just so you know there is a small whole about 3/8" in diameter behind the dash kit that I had drilled for it. It's hardly noticable if you removed the cable. Here is a picture of what I am talking about. You can see that the Dash kit has two holes back there anyways. I just made one a little bigger. Also this compartments works great for storing the case to the face plate.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Travis

Hole.jpg

4. Sep 25, 2007 at 10:11 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm so pissed right now! i like the cd player and the price but i dont think i can justify anything i dont need right now. I dont know if you read my post but i recently backed into a tree (fast) and caused $1800 worth of damage to my back end so needless to say that was an unexpected expense and i dont think i can justify a cd player right now. If you dont get rid of it i may definately be interested in a few months. Thanks for the response though. keep me in mind if you have a hard time moving it

5. Sep 25, 2007 at 8:29 PM
    biorunner1

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Prerunner
    I understand, bummer about your truck. I will leave this post for about a week or so then I will put it on eBay.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Sep 26, 2007 at 11:09 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    Cool, sorry i cant take it off your hands for you

7. Oct 9, 2007 at 7:26 AM
    06TRDbama

06TRDbama Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryville, TN
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    sell the dash kit and wiring harness separately?

8. Oct 9, 2007 at 9:40 AM
    biorunner1

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Prerunner
    This stereo is acting up on me. The disc player is working intermittently for some reason. Worked fine when it was installed in my truck. I would rather get rid of the whole thing as is cause I just dont want to deal with it and rather just enjoy my new one. I will sell the whole thing as I originally described for $50.00. The dash kit and Harness together cost me $70.00 new. Maybe you can take the stereo out and make your money back.

9. Oct 9, 2007 at 11:44 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Is that $50 shipped?

10. Oct 9, 2007 at 1:14 PM
    06TRDbama

Member:
    Maryville, TN
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    you realize all you have to do is unplug it right?

11. Oct 9, 2007 at 2:29 PM
    biorunner1

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Prerunner
    Im not sure what you mean by just unplug it. The harness wires are individually spliced into the harness unit allowing you to just plug it in or unplug it from the Toyota Factory stereo connector. To sell the harness and the dash kit separately I would have to cut those wires and uninstall the unit from the dash kit, which incidentally is secured very well through the deck sleeve. I can look for the key and remove the unit and the sleeve from the dash kit but that really wasn't my intention by posting it on the Tacoma threads. I was hoping that someone would be able to benifit from having most of the work done. The install for this would literraly take less than 10 minutes.

I know this because I offered the unit to a friend and installed it in her truck only to find out that the disc read function was giving an error on some occasions. I dont know why its doing this and I suppose I could trouble shoot it but I deal with electronics all day at work and just don't feel like spending the time on it at home. Also I just installed a Kenwood Nav/DVD system that I would rather play with.

Soooo, If someone out there is interested in this set up and doesnt mind dealing with getting the CD function fixed or just wants to part everything out then I will gladely ship it anyware in the states if you send me $50.00 via Pay Pal.

Also If your worried about my credibility Ive sold some stuff on here before without a hitch and have a clean record on Ebay if that makes a difference. Im biocycler1 on ebay.

Thanks,

Travis

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  12. Oct 10, 2007 at 7:56 AM
    06TRDbama

Member:
    Maryville, TN
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    yea thats what i meant. good luck on the sale

Products Discussed in

To Top