1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Wheels and Lift what to do???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by camiliosalomanda, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Dec 22, 2010 at 6:08 AM
    camiliosalomanda

camiliosalomanda [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    McKinney, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Super White
    Grill Craft Hella 500 Bed Aux Wet Okole Wet Okole Arm Rests Weather Tech Magnaflow OS Ram Night Breakers Rocky Mounts Custom IPOD Dock Pioneer AVH P4100 Relentless Sliders AnBCustomFab Bed Rack 3 Inch Icon Lift with leaf pack
    I have been looking up as much as I can on this issue, but still have not resolved it. I currently have Stock 16 inch wheels with KM2's on them.

I want to get a 3 inch lift and some wheels. I just do not want to have to buy new tires $$$.

I have been thinking of either Toytec or Icon both with rear add a leaf (cant afford the 8 or 10 pack).

As far as wheels I was thinking either XD Spy or Addict. Not sure how they will look in a 16 inch though (might be to crammed in looking).

Any thoughts?

Picture below is a placeholder till this afternoon when I should have a better pic to upload.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dec 22, 2010 at 8:23 AM
    camiliosalomanda

Member:
    McKinney, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Super White
    Grill Craft Hella 500 Bed Aux Wet Okole Wet Okole Arm Rests Weather Tech Magnaflow OS Ram Night Breakers Rocky Mounts Custom IPOD Dock Pioneer AVH P4100 Relentless Sliders AnBCustomFab Bed Rack 3 Inch Icon Lift with leaf pack
  3. Dec 22, 2010 at 8:44 AM
    easyeatlanta

easyeatlanta Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Memphis
    Vehicle:
    14 DC Trd Off Road
    i think they do look crammed in the look in a 16" but many people on here like them I am waiting a little while and getting some xd hoss's in 18" as far as lift icon is pretty expensive rear aal wont cost too much i would run bilstein 5100s in the rear just cause they are pretty inexpensive with an aal and then for the front the adjustable bilsteins will probably get you what you want, just dont get spacers they do not ride well

4. Dec 22, 2010 at 8:48 AM
    francis1291

francis1291 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    10 4x4 SR5 super white
    3" procomp lift wit 20" rockstars on 33 toyo mt's
    How much you wanting to spend?

5. Dec 22, 2010 at 9:08 AM
    camiliosalomanda

Member:
    McKinney, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Super White
    I am wanting to spend less than 800 on the rims. The lift I prefer to stay the same type all around. If Icon in the front then Icon in the back.

Problem for me is that getting the lift is one thing then i have to pay to ahve it installed somewhere as i dont have the time or place to install it.

I just want to have the best ride when thinking of the lift.

Mostly just wondering if the 16 inch rims with 265/75/16 will look ok with a 3 inch lift. I believe I am either going to have the dealership install the toytec ultimate. or order the Icon and have it installed somewhere.

Products Discussed in

To Top