1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

quick qestion about correct HU wiring harness

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by novataco, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Jan 7, 2011 at 6:40 AM
    novataco

novataco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NOLA
    Vehicle:
    06 Sport V6 auto
    Aries bull bar, Lund grill screen, blackened h/l, Weathertech plastic all over, Access LE tonneau, window tint, tube steps, DF-Toy aux adapter, cig plug always on, console vault, hitch step, 1700 watt in-cab inverter and dual battery (in-progress), Delta bike hitch mounts
    HI All, haven't gone into the dash yet but I am about to install a Sony XNV-770BT in dash nav/stereo unit.

The harness I have is the American International TWH-950, which seems the same as the Scosche TA02B.

wiringharness_6ce905be4222c17f44369b9ded129631d63b9bbc.jpg

I notice the list of connections account for 4 speakers but I believe we have 6, including the pillar speakers:

• Yellow – 12V Constant
    • Red – 12V Accessory
    • Black - Ground
    • Blue - Power Antenna
    • Orange – Dash Light Dimmer/Illumination
    • Green – Left Rear Speaker (+)
    • Green with Black Stripe Left Rear Speaker (-)
    • White – Left Front Speaker (+)
    • White with Black Stripe – Left Front Speaker (-)
    • Purple – Right Rear Speaker (+)
    • Purple with Black Stripe – Right Rear Speaker (-)
    • Gray – Right Front Speaker (+)
    • Gray with Black Stripe – Right Front Speaker (-)
    Is this the correct harness regardless, or do I need a different one? Maybe Toyota splices the pillars into the front left and right already?

I am sure it will be apparent when I go into the dash, I just want to make sure I have the right parts ready when I do the install. I do not have a premium sound system, just the standard HU that comes with the '06 TRD Sport.

Thanks!

2. Jan 7, 2011 at 6:44 AM
    novataco

Member:
    NOLA
    Vehicle:
    06 Sport V6 auto
    Aries bull bar, Lund grill screen, blackened h/l, Weathertech plastic all over, Access LE tonneau, window tint, tube steps, DF-Toy aux adapter, cig plug always on, console vault, hitch step, 1700 watt in-cab inverter and dual battery (in-progress), Delta bike hitch mounts
    Also,

1. I don't have a power antenna so I should not bother soldering that one, correct?
    2. I want the h/u ACC on, not constant on, but I read somewhere the clock needs constant on. Will I need to splice the constant on to the clock, or just leave it unspliced? WHat happens if I splice both the constant on and the ACC on? Will there be a conflict?

3. Jan 7, 2011 at 7:08 AM
    novataco

Member:
    NOLA
    Vehicle:
    06 Sport V6 auto
    Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

4. Jan 7, 2011 at 7:09 AM
    tacoriffic

tacoriffic Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Rhode Island
    Clarion CX609 HU, Satoshi Grill, More to come
    I just installed a Clarion CX609 last week in my Taco. That is the correct harness for toyota vehicles. Remember to check if there are 2 yellow power (usually fused) to connect splice them into the harness to deliver the correct power to the headunit and separate buses. This applies to sat radio installs.

5. Jan 7, 2011 at 9:04 AM
    ToyoDrew

ToyoDrew Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    17 Inferno TRD-OR DCSB 4x4 (SOLD)
    OVTune, Hertz spkrs & JBL MS-8 DSP, Turn-as-Tail mod, LEDs everywhere, MESOJDM Turn Signal, Bakflip Revolver X2, Pop-n-Lock, Yakima roof rack, & many minor mods
    Definitely leave the power antenna alone. It will only be powered when you are listening to the radio. When you switch to a CD or AUX, you will lose power (which is when the antenna would go down).

6. Jan 7, 2011 at 5:09 PM
    novataco

Member:
    NOLA
    Vehicle:
    06 Sport V6 auto
    Thanks. Also, I have this backup camera I bought off ebay some time back. I did install a backup camera once and as I remember I tapped into the reverse light in the taillight, so that would be what the pos and neg wires are for, and I assume I need a very long video cable extension to reach the HU, or should I just cut the yellow connector and splice in some wire?

backupcam_dac8f7cfff489a7edbc7511b2d81dffb01a667ba.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  7. Jan 9, 2011 at 9:59 AM
    novataco

Member:
    NOLA
    Vehicle:
    06 Sport V6 auto
    OK, I got a 24 foot audio/vid component cable from radio shack for @$20, and pulled the vid cable from the red and white audio cables. I shrink tubed the yellow RCA male/female connections to keep it secure, so I am all set for the vid cable.

One more harness question though:

I have a black ground lead coming from the Sony wiring harness that has a spade type connector to ground to a screw, and a plain black ground wire coming from the Toyota harness. (pics below)

Should I clip the connector off and solder the two grounds together, or just ground the spade connector from the Sony harness directly to the truck and leave the Toyota one disconnected?

Thanks again, folks.

ground1_6101505f9fb898437bf3626093b9e5dea29a18c3.jpg

ground2_6d205de8f4cabc4d2b176f19188cd5fd299cf877.jpg

Edit: oh, I am also going to do the parking brake bypass mod as well, so I don't have to mess with the parking brake wires. Not sure if my nav unit requires a parking brake ground to enter a destination, but I want to make sure I can do it on the fly...

8. Jan 9, 2011 at 1:15 PM
    novataco

Member:
    NOLA
    Vehicle:
    06 Sport V6 auto
    Bump. Anyone?

Products Discussed in

To Top