1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dissapointed with Weathertech...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by toyo freak, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Jan 11, 2011 at 11:19 PM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    I want to see pics of your truck and see for myself why you are so disapointed. I have the weather techs and obviously i get in and out of snow almost everyday here also. I have no complaints what so ever about my digital liner. I have had boots that catch tons of snow on the liner and have removed them to dump water out of my truck at least 4 times this season and not once did i see any stains from some water going down that hole.

2. Jan 11, 2011 at 11:20 PM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    wow I thought the complaint would be the slightly shoddy fit and fact that the light grey ones get pretty damn dirty and don't clean.
    Put some velcro on the bottoms and gorilla tape on the holes.

I have red dirt, but no snow. I have no problems with dirt on the holes. Regardless.. THat's not the big deal, its your cute factory mats that go over the bare carpet that is the thing you're looking to save most.

3. Jan 12, 2011 at 4:41 PM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    USA. I went with the last group buy in November. It would have cost less than ordering from WT Canada, even with the fees.

Besides, I've sourced a business in Edmonton that carries Husky Liners, so that'll save on shipping too.

4. Jan 12, 2011 at 4:47 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I might have mentioned it before but I ordered mine from Weathertech Canada and had them in my hands in just over a week .

Good luck with whatever you go with.

5. Jan 13, 2011 at 3:01 AM
    Fortech

Fortech Well-Known Member

Member:
    CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100's, rear TSB, Firestone bags
    I did the same with black RTV. That was three years ago and no problems since.

6. Jan 13, 2011 at 3:19 AM
    brians05taco

brians05taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Lafayette,La.
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner white debadged 4.0
    lifted, bedcover,BHLM, grill, etc...
  7. Jan 13, 2011 at 3:21 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
  8. Jan 13, 2011 at 4:46 AM
    NoMallCrawlTaco

NoMallCrawlTaco © "HELL FUCK YEAH!" © COPYRIGHT FOR MY PROTECTION!

Member:
    Arizona
    4" Camburgs Icon AAL 3 Pac BLHM Tacoshi Grill More to come...
    Do you know you are being uncool...

Why do you have to act this way towards another person? He makes a mistake and you make it a point to jump him and make him look like a doofus and for what?

Not cool! Not cool at all. Regardless if you don't like the fact he is peeve about his floor mats.

9. Jan 13, 2011 at 6:31 AM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    I like mine, I trimmed for the clutch pedal too. They do exactly as they are supposed to imo.
    I dont complain that a 5 gallon bucket wont hold 6. False expectations /not understanding reasonable limits always seems to lead to a new bitter post.
    You bring dirt in a truck , it WILL find a way to get around.

10. Jan 13, 2011 at 6:48 AM
    hillbillynwv

hillbillynwv Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fairmont, WV
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma 6MT TRD Pro
    Falken Wildpeak MT 285's
    I have no complaints about my weathertechs. When I've taken them out and cleaned them I've never noticed any staining on the carpet from anything getting thru the holes at the hooks. The hooks fit so tight in the holes they are a bitch to get out.

11. Jan 13, 2011 at 7:07 AM
    05 TRD Sport

05 TRD Sport She's Fat, I'm Drunk, It's On.

Member:
    30 minutes south of Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    Red Prerunner AC
    I've still got my OEM death-mats. Clipped to the floor. I don't get dirt through the clip holes but I do get dirt on the transmission hump from my right foot. I think the biggest problem is the light gray carpet. Should have just used white carpet.

12. Jan 13, 2011 at 9:21 AM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Yes. Ask me how concerned I am.

If someone acts stupid, I am going to treat them stupid. Being surprised that debris passes through holes that are readily visible in the product is not a behavior that I'm going to accept from an adult human being in the developed world. Raise your standards. A large part of the problem with modern America is we are no longer willing to criticize. Obviously, I don't fall into that category.

I have no ill will towards the man, but his complaint is entirely invalid.

13. Jan 13, 2011 at 9:38 AM
    glwood6

glwood6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    03 XCab Prerunner
    Bilstein 4600 shocks.
    x10. For years, people have been more concerned with others' "self esteem" than telling them what they're doing is wrong. Hence the mess this country finds itself in.

14. Jan 13, 2011 at 9:51 AM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    Husky - best protection & best value IMO

15. Jan 13, 2011 at 10:01 AM
    Dilley

Dilley Well-Known Member

Member:
    WA
    Vehicle:
    06 2.7L
    KN Cold air intake, Dynomax exaust, Husky liners
    My huskies catch everything.. it does not have big sides on it like the weathertechs but as long as you dont get a pool of melted snow water or something you will be fine. I was going to get weathertechs but the website said that they did not work with manual trans(I know you can trim) but I am happy with my huskies. I wouldnt worry about a little stain on your capet its a truck. My truck had sock mats for 5 years before I got huskies. I was just tired of looking at the muddy worn out stock mats.

[​IMG]

16. Jan 13, 2011 at 10:11 AM
    NoMallCrawlTaco

NoMallCrawlTaco © "HELL FUCK YEAH!" © COPYRIGHT FOR MY PROTECTION!

Member:
    Arizona
    4" Camburgs Icon AAL 3 Pac BLHM Tacoshi Grill More to come...
    In completely understand your complaint, but you look no better acting stupid by chastizing him also.

You don't achieve anything and your reply to me seemed well thought and rather nice. I thank you for that.

I used to be hard core on the stupidity that is running rampant in this country and it got me pissed. But when I get to the point of be myself all work into a fit then I lose, for I have lost a fight within myself.

Stupidity have been around forever and thanks to MSM the shit is a constant in your face 24/7 streaming live day in and day out.

You might have a heart attack if you get too worked up and then what good are you then?

REally, I know exactly what you are feeling. Fucking MORONS!

Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

Have a great one.

17. Jan 13, 2011 at 11:02 AM
    Dilley

Dilley Well-Known Member

Member:
    WA
    Vehicle:
    06 2.7L
    KN Cold air intake, Dynomax exaust, Husky liners
    Wow.. great advice.. I will remember this for ever!:D

18. Jan 13, 2011 at 2:55 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

I'm not arguing. I'm being right. There's a difference.

I get what you're saying. I'm just not at all invested in teh intarwebz.

19. Jan 13, 2011 at 5:15 PM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    Hmm , husky or weathertech ought to step up to the plate and make a good vinyl floor/carpet replacement. Then we could do the scupper hole mod to clean the floors

disclaimer , mud and dust will still get under the plastic trim:frusty:

20. Jan 13, 2011 at 5:25 PM
    boxxed

boxxed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road
    I have the WT, what I found was that when the snow melted and had no where to go my shoes would be in the water. There was no place to channel the water. I added some Tacoma rubber mats with gooves on top of the WT to keep my shoes out of the water.

Products Discussed in

To Top