1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Subwoofer enclosure

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Jm1hawk, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Jan 16, 2011 at 2:48 PM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    I forgot you went ahead with the K2's. Nice! I bet that thing can crank and acts like it's not even working hard.

2. Jan 16, 2011 at 4:20 PM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    I like it a lot. I was supprised I didnt attenuate the tweeters at all. Zero harshness on the highs, unlike a sound board where they are on axis. They are so far off axis in our stock locations I cant imagine running anything else. Was also supprised how I cant hear the rear tweets AT ALL due to the positioning and our seats blocking them.

3. Jan 16, 2011 at 6:51 PM
    ToyoDrew

ToyoDrew Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    17 Inferno TRD-OR DCSB 4x4 (SOLD)
    OVTune, Hertz spkrs & JBL MS-8 DSP, Turn-as-Tail mod, LEDs everywhere, MESOJDM Turn Signal, Bakflip Revolver X2, Pop-n-Lock, Yakima roof rack, & many minor mods
    An excellent choice for a very nice setup! I wish I was able to hear it!!

I chose the same rear speakers so that my kids have something to hear. lol As for the fronts, I think I'm going to put the tweets and mids in the a-pillar just because of how off axis the stock location is. I didn't realize it until I started taking things apart this weekend. But temporarily, I might just leave the tweets int he stock location until I have time to make this first attempt at fiberglassing.

4. Jan 16, 2011 at 7:42 PM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    If you are going to that much trouble go 3 way IMO. You can stick a HUGE midbass in the door. Our stock speaker locations are pretty silly IMO, but I didnt want to deal with fiberglass fabrication... its just WAY too much work to get right. Id be doing it and redoing it for another year.

5. Jan 16, 2011 at 7:47 PM
    rcfreak201

rcfreak201 Well-Known Member

Member:
    look into the groundshaker subwoofer box, it fits perfectly behind the back seats in my DC, just take out those plastic storage compartments and i have 2 kicker 10s and 1000 watt amp mounted in the middle of the box with the two subs on the sides, looks super clean too

6. Jan 16, 2011 at 7:59 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    My box behind the passenger side rear seat in my 2010 Double Cab. Nothing crazy, and its a sealed box and I think you were asking for ported, but it was made by Mr. Marv, and he can make anything you want
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top