1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Temp. Lift Solution

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by dud122, Feb 13, 2009.

?

Worth it or not...

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    68.8%
  1. Feb 14, 2009 at 8:04 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    This isn't a suspension geometry question-This is simple math.

I think you want a 3 inch lift that can offroad, so (rough numbers) you need:
    Tires: $800
    Coilovers/AAL/Shocks/Extra Parts: $1300 (or so)
    UCA's: $600
    Total: $2700 or so

Now...To get the cheap lift adds 200 bucks to that...plus the time you'll spend taking it apart to do this lift...and then again to do the other lift. Stack the potential for damage and the aesthetic only nature of spacers-And it's just not worth it.

I vote for save the dough until you have enuf to do one part or the other... It's more painful that way- but better for your truck.

2. Feb 14, 2009 at 9:00 AM
    Dockhead

Dockhead Formarly 08TRD4X4RadientRed

Member:
    Chico, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 ACC 4X4 TRD OR
    TRD Seat covers, K&N Series 77 intake, TRD plate frames, iPod interface
  3. Feb 14, 2009 at 1:16 PM
    dud122

dud122 [OP] rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC
    OME up front, Dakar in the back, Elite front bumper, Warn winch, Tactical rear bumper with tire swing/jerry cans/hi lift, Revenge Fab. sliders, Tundra brakes, Camburg UCA's, Safari Snorkle, FJ TRD wheels, Lights, CB, Switches, skids, LED's... OH MY!
    alright... i guess i'm going with no lift for now and start saving to do it once and right

thanks for the advice everyone

4. Feb 14, 2009 at 1:18 PM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    man i just was in that boat.DONT DO IT.save the money and do it correct.by the way ill sell u my front spacers if your interested.it is the same kit u put a picture of up on your ad.later

5. Feb 16, 2009 at 7:56 PM
    09tacoLI

09tacoLI Well-Known Member

Member:
    long island ny
    Vehicle:
    09 off road
    Shrockworks sliders,Shrockworks Front bumper,Warn 9.5xp winch,Toytec Ult.3in,Total Chaos UCAs,AP expo Rear, Fox remote resi shocks Bud built skids,Piaa 7in,Piaa yellow plasma Off road lights.
    When I woke up this morning I was going to buy a 2.5inch spacer lift til I can afford to buy the Icon stage 2 or 3. Then I found this post now Ill wait till I can do it right. Once again TW and It's members save me from making a costly mistake. Thanks to the people that know. From the ones of us that don't.

6. Jan 17, 2011 at 9:53 PM
    HungarianDave

HungarianDave Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4 v6 sr5

Products Discussed in

To Top