1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best Bed Cover

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tepidy, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Jan 21, 2011 at 2:42 PM
    Tepidy

Tepidy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    11 tacoma 4x4
    Toytec Coil Overs 3.00" DSM UCA's (Desert Products) TSB 4 Leaf w/AAL by Pro Comp Bilstein 5100 rear 1"ToyTec SwayBar Drops 1" diff drop Detroit Trutrac Rear Diff Nitro 4.56 Gears Doug Thornley Header MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust Custom Built Rear Plate Bumper Custom Built Front Plate Bumper 4X Innovations Rock Sliders ATO Front Skid BAMF Rear Diff Skid Uniden 510XL Pro CB Raceline Renegades BF Goodrich Mud Terrains KM2's 265x75x16 WeatherTechs Rear Diff breather Relocate Intake Resonator Removed Yellow Wire Mod
    What do you guys think is the best bed cover is for our trucks. Undercover,Backflip ect...... And why

2. Jan 21, 2011 at 2:56 PM
    Steig

Steig Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD off road
    I have the fold a cover G4 elite on my 2011 Tacoma DC. so far, works very good, no complaints. Will even lock your tailgate if you want, i use pop n lock.

3. Jan 21, 2011 at 6:03 PM
    Nick54

Nick54 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    I have the BakFlip F1 and would not part with it. It's not watertight but that wasn't one of my criteria. Flexability was the highest necessity. Here is a pic >>
    DSCN0423_60e57842ef9b0b6e089468b9be982f5bb5634071.jpg

4. Jan 21, 2011 at 7:11 PM
    fjm0008

fjm0008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Annapolis
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 LB White
    Sirius Starmate and ipod integration w/Pay15 Toy USA Spec, Hardwired Radar Detector and GPS, DRL Mod,Tailgate Anti Theft mod, Hi Lift Jack, CB Radio, Back up sensors, Front 30% tint, Leer 100R Cap, Weathertech, Under hood light and 12V outlet, D Rings, N-FAB Step Bars, Bed Mat, Yakima Bike Rack, OEM Roof Rack
    I have an Undercover. This is my third one, watertight, locks and secures everything and I can remove it in less than 10 minutes without any help.

5. Jan 22, 2011 at 5:05 AM
    steviestyles

steviestyles The "Search" tab is your friend!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    Another vote for the Bakflip. It is easily the most versatile cover. Many people like the Undercover, but as with any hinged tonneau cover you have to pla nahead if you want to use the truck bed. The Fold a Cover doesn't fold up against the rear window like the Bakflip so you don't have access to the whole bed unless you take the cover off completely.

6. Jan 22, 2011 at 8:16 AM
    joleger

joleger Well-Known Member

Member:
    Saint John, NB
    Vehicle:
    2008 Access Cab 4x4 TRD Sport
    I have a TonnoPro tri-fold. There are small gaps(1/8") in the front and back but being water tight is not important to me. I just wanted something that would keep the stuff in the bed out of sight and secure at highway speeds. You can't beat this cover for the price...$250.

7. Jan 22, 2011 at 8:25 AM
    maju

maju Well-Known Member

Member:
    Davenport Fl
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Silver TRD Sport 4x4
    Undercover tonneau, Scangauge II, Garmin GPS, Michelin LTX M/S2
    undercover - everything in the bed is safe, secure and dry, comes off in like 5 minutes. since it is so strong that I and several friends can stand on it, I am looking at attaching some cleats to the top so that I can tie stuff to the top of it.

8. Jan 22, 2011 at 8:33 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    I bought a Extang trifecta soft tri fold.
    Its worked great for the last 4 years.

9. Jan 22, 2011 at 8:48 AM
    DubyaDawg

DubyaDawg Underprepared and Overconfident

Member:
    Tulsa/Norman, OK
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner TRD Sport
    Avid Light Bar, KC Dayliters, Roll-N-Lock bed cover, TRD Center Caps, Fog Light Anytime Mod.
    I've got a Roll N Lock cover which I think is great. Is very versatile, waterproof, and locks tailgate. Only downside is it takes up a bit of bed space on the top of the bed, also the price seems to be higher than many others.

Products Discussed in

To Top