1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

K&N vs AEM

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Bsaint21, Feb 12, 2009.

?

Which Intake is better? Sound and Performance

1. K&N 77 series

50.3%
  2. AEM Brute Force

49.7%
  1. Jan 14, 2011 at 9:54 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    I personally think K&N is the most over exposed and over hyped company in the aftermarket accessory business.

2. Jan 15, 2011 at 5:39 PM
    Sproulesxrunner

Sproulesxrunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Xrunner
    Too much for TW to know
    What he said. :D

3. Jan 22, 2011 at 6:19 PM
    trdr6

trdr6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clay
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Off-Road 4X4 Double Cab Magnetic Grey
    AFE Stage II Si CAI, Raptor Series Straight Chrome Step Bars
    I was seriously considering the AEM but chose to go with the AFE stage 2 because its sealed. This supposedly ensures the coolest air possible to be drawn into the engine, whether it does or doesn't, I don't really know. However, the complete seal does keep mud and dirt out of my filter, which I like a lot. I would say that the AEM will be slightly louder than the AFE, but my AFE is plenty loud enough and sounds great. I noticed a little quicker throttle response, but nothing huge, other than the grin inducing roar. :) Both have dry filters which I highly recommend, so what ever you decide you should be happy. Best of luck.

[​IMG]

4. Feb 3, 2011 at 8:33 AM
    francis1291

francis1291 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    10 4x4 SR5 super white
    3" procomp lift wit 20" rockstars on 33 toyo mt's
    What do y'all think about the URD intake? I bought one last night with the MAF calibrater

5. Jul 3, 2011 at 1:45 PM
    Jacobw6

Jacobw6 Active Member

Member:
    Lake Village, AR
    Vehicle:
    White lightnin'
    Hellbent 3" lift. Aem bruteforce cold air. Pioneer p2300dvd screen. Aftermarket smoked cab lights. Active suspension system in rear.
    I purchased the aem. It actually comes witha k&n dry filter, which is significantly bigger than the k&n filter package. And the minute after installing, when you crank it up and punch on it that first time you can immediately HEAR the difference and when you pull your head back out of your seat you will more than satisfied. Plus they have cooler stickers! :)

6. Dec 29, 2011 at 6:07 PM
    05RedTaco

05RedTaco Nom Nom Nom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Scottsdale
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma XtraCab 2.7L 4x4
    I run ebay intake (copy of K&N) which I got for $70 shipped. The ONLY weakness is the airfilter, which I will change eventually for a dryflow unit. No need to pay more for "name brand" stuff. My intake sounds awesome and opens the engine up in higher rpms.

To the FUCKING IDIOT who said something about 4x2 and Toyota shouldn't be put in the same sentence... Go fuck yourself buddy ;) My truck is 4x2 and it does EXACTLY what I need it to do. I use it as a work truck and its great for that. I haul stuff in the bed every day and the Taco does great! I even had 1800lbs of concrete in the bed and the truck barely made a sweat! Why would I pay extra for 4x4 if I don't use the truck for off roading? I got TRD OFF Road package because of the awesome TRD buckets and if I ever go off roading the elocker works wonders... Not like many posers who have 4x4 trucks with 6" lift and the only thing they use it for is mall crawling and saying stupid comments on the internet...

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  7. Jan 1, 2012 at 5:44 PM
    ColesDirtyYota

ColesDirtyYota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Dezert Built
    Camburg LT Icon 2.5" x 9" coilovers Radflo 2.0" Bumpstops Radflo 2.5" x 16" tripple- Bypasses Deaver F67 Race Pack Richer Racing 12" shackles Full bedcage Full 2" cab cage Tube bumper Solid motor mounts Total Chaos spindle Gussets RR gusseted UCA mounts Total Chaos poly urethane Steering kit T100 axle 4:88's/ Locker AFE dry air intake BA Muffler Trimmed the Throttle Body Fiberwerx 05+ clip Fiberwerx 8" bedsides Full JL speakers/ deck/ sub Rigid Industry 30" LED bar ORW LED amber lights/ brake lights Kenwood Race Radio HF jack with custom skid plat
    whats funny is my truck is 4x2 but ill bet for pink slips that mine will out perform most 4x4 trucks with my Detroit and 4.88's. and my truck use to be 4x4

8. Jan 1, 2012 at 5:47 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    :gossip: He posted that 2.5 years ago and hasn't been on the site in several months.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top