1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Muzzleloaders shout out

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by longbow, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Dec 2, 2008 at 9:18 AM
    longbow

longbow [OP] I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Thought I would start this to see what everyone else uses.
    Knight extreme 50 cal.
    Nikon Omega scope
    Loose powder with a 240 grain Hornady XPT
    [​IMG]

2. Dec 2, 2008 at 9:19 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    But then if you wanted to go old school strap this one on in 54 cal
    [​IMG]

3. Dec 2, 2008 at 9:20 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
  4. Dec 2, 2008 at 9:51 AM
    rc2125

rc2125 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Indiana/Michigan border
    Vehicle:
    19 TRDor
    Savage MLII smokeless.

5. Dec 2, 2008 at 10:39 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    rc2125 where at in IN you located?

6. Dec 2, 2008 at 10:50 AM
    rc2125

rc2125 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Indiana/Michigan border
    Vehicle:
    19 TRDor
    Up near south bend.

7. Dec 2, 2008 at 2:45 PM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Use a 50 cal. Knight D.I.S.C. inline. Stainless barrell with camo composite stock. 3-9x50 Tasco scope. Started using the Jim Shockey American Pioneer pellets last year and really like them. Clean up with water, and could shoot more shots between cleaning easily......held great groups as well. Went with a different bullet too but can't remember while here at work.

8. Dec 2, 2008 at 2:48 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    just sold my cva bobcat .50 cal. a few weeks ago. didnt have time to shoot it alot.......i hunted with my bow more anyway. but next year, im looking at getting a cva optima.

9. Dec 2, 2008 at 2:58 PM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    What about an Omega. We need someone with one of these to chime in.
    http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/omega.php

10. Dec 2, 2008 at 3:12 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    i like thompson/center pretty good, but i have always liked cva a little more than the rest. but,depending on deals next year, i could possibly end up with a t/c!:)

11. Dec 3, 2008 at 10:28 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    I contacted him in regards to his powder, on his show, when he talks about his powder he shows a guy shooting the 1000 shot with out cleaning, and states the gun is a T/C. I never knew T/C made a bolt style muzzleloader.
    Then I recorded the show and paused it on the widescreen, went and grabbed mine, and HA, same gun.
    Needless to say, never heard anything, and yes I was nice about it.
    Never used the powder, may give it a shot.

12. Dec 3, 2008 at 10:31 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    You all using the alum ramrod, or wood?
    I went ahead and made a custom wood ramrod, didn't care to much about putting metal on metal.

13. Dec 3, 2008 at 11:01 AM
    rc2125

rc2125 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Indiana/Michigan border
    Vehicle:
    19 TRDor
    I watched a show the other day and they mentioned that the aluminum ramrods are blacken'd via an aluminum oxide coating, which is supposed to be harder than stainless steel?, which obviously wouldn't be good for the muzzle/crown after awhile. My savage came with some sort of carbon/poly ramrod, works ok.

14. Dec 3, 2008 at 11:24 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    I picked up one of those long plastic ? ones, what a JOKE. I ended up taking the tip off it, and getting a plain wood one adding the tip and shaping it to fit, a little stain and linseed oil and good to go.

15. Dec 9, 2008 at 11:06 AM
    05DoubleTaco

05DoubleTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2005 Lifted DoubleCab
    3" Toytec Lift, 285/75/16 Cooper STT, Moto Metal 951 Wheels, Magnaflow Exhaust, K&N Intake, URD MAF & Tune, Full Stereo w/ Marv Custom Box
    I've been shooting a TC Omega for 3 season now, and it's been a great relationship.

It has the camo stock and the stainless barrel, sporting a 3x9 Luepold. Shooting 150gr. of Triple 7, and a 250gr. Hornady SST. Groups are 1-1.5" at 100 yards. I wouldn't be afraid of a 200-250yard shot with this.

Took a 130lb. 6point during early Muzzleloader Season. 180yard shot across the bean field. He ran 25yards before dropping.

Every year, I have somebody tell me their horror story of their muzzleloader failing to fire when the deer was in sight. I feel bad for these guys. I tell them to get an Omega, never had that problem with this gun! :D

16. Dec 9, 2008 at 11:34 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Glad someone rang out for the T/C Omega.
    T/C makes some great items, I have had a number of their early muzzleloaders, plus the Contenders and Encores.
    I do like that idea of changing the barrel out and adding another, but man would get a little high price considering the average cost of a rifle barrel and a good scope.
    Just for a heads up check out E. Authur Browns web site, great group of people with alot of T/C stuff.

17. Dec 9, 2008 at 11:51 AM
    squiggy

squiggy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma 4 door long bed TRD OFF ROAD
    none yet
    I purchased a TC G2 Contender 2 years ago. Sweet smoke pole!!!

18. Dec 11, 2008 at 12:47 PM
    Sideways

Sideways Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD dbl cab
    I have a 50 cal Omega as well, it's topped with a Bushnell scope.
    Don't shoot it a whole lot cause I would rather bow hunt but ML season is just about here, so ya never know :thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top