1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Little Dually lights?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BlueTaco07, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Feb 2, 2011 at 2:18 PM
    Toyota Truck

Toyota Truck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prerunnner
    Magnaflow Muffler-TSB springs-Nuvi 265wt-aFe pro dry s filter-Husky Liners-Blue dome light-extra d-rings-OME 90000 sport struts-885 coils-N182 shocks-TSB AAL-LR UCAs-procomp black alloy rims- nitto terra grapplers-20% tint
    I thought of doing that but except the ones that are tinted.
    [​IMG]

2. Feb 2, 2011 at 2:19 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    One of the guys suggested that Toyota is made in China... I rest my case.

3. Feb 2, 2011 at 3:01 PM
    jr114

jr114 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Truck
    Icon Ext travel CO, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Maxtrac Spindles, Icon RR rear w 2"aal.
  4. Feb 2, 2011 at 6:47 PM
    steved411

steved411 I came. I saw. I conquered.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Clayton, NC
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC TRD Off-Road
    Hahahahahahhahahahaha

5. Feb 2, 2011 at 9:00 PM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    Just a bit of info for you.
    http://www.ehow.com/facts_5776183_clearance-lights_.html

Basically, clearance lights actually have more of a "purpose" than to just look cool.

They are required by law (in Canada, and I'm almost certain US federal law too) to be on vehicles over a certain width. Mostly just for extra illumination to other drivers that there is a larger vehicle approaching. Hense the picture of the Taco with the plow and clearance lights. Clearly the plow blade is over that required width (or very close to it) so those clearance lights actually have a function on it.

I personally wouldn't bother with them, unless I was towing a large trailer. But it's your truck, just make sure to show us pics!

6. Feb 3, 2011 at 2:41 AM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    x2 you don't even know how many billion single cab 5 lug tacos are work trucks down here. and theyre ALL white. and cost more than my truck :mad:

i think the raptor comes with clearance lights from the factory cause the tires stick out so much lol...they are in the grille tho...pretty badass looking if you ask me...

7. Feb 3, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    BlueTaco07

BlueTaco07 [OP] Super Mod!

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Panama city, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Looking
    Well I have to tow cars for friends dealer if that counts

8. Feb 3, 2011 at 4:59 PM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    You're right. The lights on the raptor are only in the grille, and they had to put them on the meet the federal requirements.

9. Feb 3, 2011 at 5:12 PM
    trot

trot Dang.

Member:
    Aberdeen Proving Ground
    Vehicle:
    18 SW TRD OR DCSB P&T
    I bet marker lights are going LED and that means eventually, once the aftermarket comes around, you could be looking at applications as easy to install as a Sirus/XM antenna or at least way fewer holes. The new Raptor spy shots show LED side markers between the front bumper and front light housing, for example, to meet the width requirements in various markets.

Just something to think about.

edit: lol beaten to the Raptor LED marker lights post, I was over reading that redneck thread and didn't reload.

10. Feb 3, 2011 at 5:56 PM
    HomeGrown

HomeGrown Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    South Bend, IN
    Vehicle:
    2014 Reg Cab 4WD
    Cody, don't do it. IMHO, it would look like crap on your truck, which is spory looking. Clearance lights don't carry out the "sporty" theme at all. They say "big rig", which is why they can look great on a full size truck.

11. Feb 3, 2011 at 6:15 PM
    Enzo

Enzo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Opie
    Bedford, Va
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    2012 FJ Cruiser Maggiolina Medium Grand Tour w/winter hood National Luna dual battery split charging system ABR Sidewinder Aux battery tray ARB 50qt Fridge w/Transit Bag Bajarack flat rack w/ladder Crawlarado flat black hood blackout TRD exhaust Trasharoo Outback FJ roof console
    I lol'd

12. Feb 3, 2011 at 8:29 PM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    yeah these two guys shut them up though

Little Truck [​IMG]

I cant believe this turned into a bashing thread?

It is about keeping American people working on the job right. Toyota's are also made here in Indiana and I can tell you that the so called "Made in USA" products have less involvement in America than you think. And don't get me started on where the money goes. It sure as hell don't go into the workers pockets at the end of the year, did you see the last bonus for "Dr. Z".

Besides, my work truck is a GMC W4000 series, it is just a rebadged Isuzu NPR truck. What all this discusion make that thing? It says "GMC" on the front...

Stop showing ignorance. I tried to buy an American car last go round, a large percentage of the car was made in Mexico, and the other large percent made in Canada left very little of the thing to be made in USA. The Toyota's and Honda's that are made here have a larger percentage of American made parts than many GM cars.

Bry@n [​IMG]

Good for you. I wondered about the new Taco's....

I am a little suprised about the "Jap" comments. Way to be politically correct here. There is something about Jap that screams racism.....

"Made in the US of A means generally inferior technology; what kind of TV do you guys watch? "
    Well, I wouldn't exactly say that. I mean, we have one of the most advanced military forces in the world. Let's be honest here, it comes down to specific products where that comment would apply.

BY the way, for all the Ford guys out there. There are a lot of Ford's produced in Canada. Ask the Canucks eh.

Dodge, They have trucks made in Mexico....

GM, well I don't know but you should get the point.

I buy what is a good product. I have had them all. Ford SD's, Chevy 2500HD and a Dodge CTD. They have all been back for warranty work. Ford's more than any other, matter of fact.

The wifes 4 runner, been back one. For a gasket getting messed up. If you want to know, that was the best warranty experience I have ever had. I am all for using USA products, but they have to be the best product in that group for me to buy it.

good people in my book.

13. Feb 3, 2011 at 8:31 PM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    I say go for it if you want to put clearance lights on. At least yours is a working truck so it wouldn't look out of place on it.

thanks for sharing.

14. Feb 3, 2011 at 8:37 PM
    kcrob1

kcrob1 Choot It!

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Montgomery, TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT CC/LB
    Adjustable Billies, Debadged, Painted emblem on grille Kenwood Double din, polk components, co-ax, polk 8" sub & polk amp, TSB springs, 6000K hids, FJ Wheels
    You forgot the horrible side window louvers

15. Feb 3, 2011 at 8:44 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    x2 :cool:

16. Feb 3, 2011 at 8:58 PM
    kcrob1

kcrob1 Choot It!

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Montgomery, TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT CC/LB
    Adjustable Billies, Debadged, Painted emblem on grille Kenwood Double din, polk components, co-ax, polk 8" sub & polk amp, TSB springs, 6000K hids, FJ Wheels
    That link doesnt look as bad as I thought they would. To bad they put some gross one on there. Go to gorecon.com and get the smoked ones for an 06 dodge ram. They are smoked and low profile. IMO they would be the only ones that will look decent

Products Discussed in

To Top